VP37 TDI Pump Feedback Voltage

BadAss

TDI
Passat 2002 130Hp
I have recently observed that the feedback voltage from the quantityadjuster on the pump goes to maximum 4,500 Volts when looking in VagCom. This happens even that we request 4,900 in the pump tension map.

This clearly limits the highend power. The curve flatens out after 3500 rpm.

I have tested with the topcover off the pump. When ignition is on and I turn the adjuster to max. by hand. VagCom shows in most cases app.4,850 Volts.

Does anyone know why the ECU is not able to turn the adjuster all the way to the requested and mechanically possible limit ?

I allready searched the Software for some limiter. But didn't find anything yet !

Any help or tip is highly appreciated !

Maybe some other proff. Hardcore tuner here (Eg. Hatemi etc.) Has observed this too !

Best Regards
Kim R

Last edited:

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Log your requested and make sure it is at 51mg/stroke (or whatever the top axis value is in the map). If your smoke map or torque limiter are set lower it will attenuate the pump voltage. Setting the pump voltage past 3999 (factor of 1) in the map while requesting 51mg/stroke will get you a "Quantity adjuster control deviation" error.

BadAss

TDI
Passat 2002 130Hp
Hi VWMIKEL

The last car which we are still working on is on the dyno with online
Eprom Simulator OLS300. I have allready made sure that all the maps you mention is completely maxed out to the axis limits. Some axis limits even expanded ;)

I have monitored all maps and they go to the desired values. But only the pump is not able to reach the mechanical possible max value of 4,85 Volts.

I allso have the correct factor for the map decimal values to get them into volts. We allso know of the deviation fault. That limit can allso be raised in the software. Stock a maximum of 627,59mV is allowed before you get this error ;)

I think next step is to fit a oscilloscope to monitor the PWN signal across the adjustermotor in the pump, to see if this is maxed out >3500 Rpm !

Kim R

Last edited:

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I'd tend to think there might be a problem with the quantity adjuster itself if you're sure that everything else has been covered.

BadAss

TDI
Passat 2002 130Hp
vwmikel said:
I'd tend to think there might be a problem with the quantity adjuster itself if you're sure that everything else has been covered.
I'm thinking the same thing. But the test with oscilloscope should reveal that. If PWM goes steady upwards, but the adjuster doesen't move further. I think we found the problem.

Could anyone confirm that voltages above 4,500 Volts has been observed ? Maybe some logfiles !

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Most ecu's I've logged don't read more than 4.5v.. even if pump tension map is at 4v with factor 1..

I think it has to do with the DIAG parameters, the same reason why on most ecu's MAP pressures above 2600mbar aren't showed, even if the map-sensor's linearsation map is put to 3bar sensor specs..

Same goes with IQ on PD ecu's when going over, I think 70 or 75 mg/h..

BadAss

TDI
Passat 2002 130Hp
Rub87 said:
Most ecu's I've logged don't read more than 4.5v.. even if pump tension map is at 4v with factor 1..

I think it has to do with the DIAG parameters, the same reason why on most ecu's MAP pressures above 2600mbar aren't showed, even if the map-sensor's linearsation map is put to 3bar sensor specs..

Same goes with IQ on PD ecu's when going over, I think 70 or 75 mg/h..
These limitations are allso known. But as said before VagcCom can show 4,850 Volts from the pump. If we turn it by hand, with the top cover off ;)

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I've seen in an vp37 asv file, and max voltage was single value limiter was at 4.898v, wth the factor 1.2xxx

I'm veru intezreseted to know how to fix the 2600mbar problem..

mirulu

TDI
Octavia I, ASV(ASZ), S356V, Hflo-x, 6G, IC ...
HI,

did anyone figure that out? I'm solving same problem. If the ECU can use higher voltage than 4,56V?

millerlite

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I am actually having an issue that I believe is related to this as well. If I request more than 40 mg/stroke of fuel past ~4000 rpm my car cuts out like its going into what feels like limp mode and throws a quantity adjuster error, and runs fine 10 seconds later unless its revved past 4000 rpm at full requested fuel quantity again. I have a bad feeling its my quantity adjuster that's the problem. Any suggestions?

mirulu

TDI
Please, how to raise the value here? to the limit 4,85V. That is the limit of the actuator

image hosting

Winols od Vagedcsuite

Thanks, Milan

Last edited:

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
Mine maxes out at 4.42V in VCDS (3.65v in maps) so I have the same issue..... and I dont believe its another limiter kicking in. Not sure how to raise it?

mirulu

TDI
I have figured out, that If you put down the top cover of the pump head and start ignition, In the channel 19 there will be the right voltage 4,86V, If you just put the cover on the head, don't screw it, start ignition the lower voltage is back. I think there is some magnetic field, some induktance or something like that

I have found the voltage limiter for that in damons and there is 4900mV ... 4013 value without factor.

Last edited:

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
4013 is correct but be carefull removing that limiter.

My pump maxes out at 4.7v in VAG COM after proper hammer mod.

mirulu

TDI
Hammer mod is not related max. possibility voltage. The adjuster is moving in angle of 60 degrees the lower stop is around 0,7V and upper stop is around 4,8V. The trajectory is linear to voltage.
Hammer mod only moves the collar.

madcowintucson

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
i checked mine today channel 19 and it says 4.64 volts. i did a graph and it never deviated under any driving conditions. curious if i hammer mod it would change anything. my car doesn't want to rev above 3500 to 4000, but to be fair i have no intercooler and i have a pure mechanically controlled vnt mechanism.

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
Open the top of the pump and see if you have some metal part on magnet.
And with ingnition ON an vagcom connected, when you turn the actuator of the pump you see the voltage move in vagcom.

Dieseleux

Edgaras7777

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK3
And when i drive, i have trouble 01268 quantity adjuster-control diference,
Sometimes the engine stop,,, when driving switch on the drive, but again starts

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Have you solve the problem ?
I have same when asking 4400 in map without factor so I pass the 4013 ?
Maybe try lower value say 4000 at 3200 rpm.
Got bigger nozzles now so voltage must go back to almost OEM setting