Hard to start when hot issue.....

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I have read every post in this thread!
I have the exact same problem on 1998 Golf tdi ALH Manual . I Change coding to 00001 Automatic and car doesn't have this problem anymore. Will i have any problem if i drive like this with coding for automatic transmission ?
I ran with that coding for a bit and the only problem I had was with the cruise control. With the A/T coding the clutch switch input is ignored, so if you have the cruise control engaged and press in the clutch the engine revs up! You will need to get into the habit of touching the brake pedal before the clutch pedal if you have the cruise control engaged and need to change gears.

Dave

Last edited:

bojan

TDI
mkiv
I don't have cruise control, for now evrything is ok, i drive with 00001 coding.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Vasco111

TDI
New Beatle 1999
Hi guys , i just bought a 1999 tdi , and have same hot start problem ... I have the Vag-Com , but i need to know where i can change that code .

Eric78

TDI
1999 jetta tdi,2006 jetta tdi
You shoud try replacing the starter first I had the same problem and it ended up being that the starter wasthe problem but first make sure you have a good battery

bojan

TDI
mkiv
Hi guys , i just bought a 1999 tdi , and have same hot start problem ... I have the Vag-Com , but i need to know where i can change that code .
If you have manual transmision, You should try to change coding in vag com to automatic, go to 01 engine - login with 01283- recode to 00001