Latest from mojogoes and Co.

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi80tdi, A2 ahf project in progress...
Sorry for the quality I took them on my phone camera....is that a wastegate steve....havnt you heard there crap?:D

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Yes they are Cheers Anton but i guess we can't have evrything not 26psi anyway.....i heard you picked up your bad boy today to , that 3rd photo makes it look like things are pretty darn tight back there but i think its down for some heat shielding to keep it away from the brake and clutch pipes tdi-rs told me and he's also doing a pierburg to bosch conversion , you can see where it connects to in the first picture just right of the cai box with the two screws .
The turbo's water cooled to i forgot about that trick part.
Have you posted that vnt20 yet to the guy in the states .

Last edited:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
May I ask where that intake manifoild is originally from? It's frigging huge :D

Nice pipe work there. What ID are those intake and charge pipes?

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Why in the world are we trying to act like there is a anti WG war going on? This VNT vs WG thing is reaching near personality disorder type proportions.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
hatemi said:
May I ask where that intake manifoild is originally from? It's frigging huge :D
Nice pipe work there. What ID are those intake and charge pipes?
I think its the one for the wrx sti scooby :eek: .
Personally people are using which ever turbo they feel comfortable with i personally went in the foot steps of the guru and starting with a gt15 made it easyer.
But there's plenty of others over here who use tdi-rs both for advice/tech and wrenching and they too feel comfortable with vnt's , eveyone goes down which ever road that feels right for them , and apart from diesel des's motor which is out of service for what ever reason don't think any of the remapped (revo) 150pd's can take any of our big wastegate conversions never mind the ve 150hp vnt's.

There will be shorty one pd motor which will but it will be running a monster WG turbo.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I think Des is in the middle of a monster rebuild. Not sure why but in talking to him I think he is working on something very very interesting. In short there are 2 or 3 motors in the works right now which will push the state of the art and thats a good thing.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Its a ss manifold/header with an extended u shaped header to place the turbo over the gearbox so as to give it the room to fit , it also makes more room for a larger straighter up/down pipe .
I will ask Anton to put some more pictures up for me next time.

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry to offend anone with my joke.

what you still doing up mojjoooogooeeesss??

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
good now you cant take the piss out of me drinking....im doing uni work and got work at 9!

20ValveT

Veteran Member
Very nice :) is that turbo the same T28 hybrid TDIRS was running?? I'm loving that intake manny as well.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Yes its the same one , it will be interesting to see how different the motor runs and behaves with the electronic pump plus charge air cooling which is a. t. a. instead of a. t. w.

If i remember its also had a cut back to increase flow even further so that is another thing to judge against the last setup of the T25 , which i must add is held high up there in my eyes , and because this engine has had a slight capacity change.............and also air flow improvements another aspect to look at would be the off boost power/pickup and driveability.

The valve cover was £45 to be electro plated.

Last edited:

RabbitGTDJoe

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit GTD (future TDI)
mojogoes said:
Yes its the same one , it will be interesting to see how different the motor runs and behaves with the electronic pump plus charge air cooling which is a. t. a. instead of a. t. w.

If i remember its also had a cut back to increase flow even further so that is another thing to judge against the last setup of the T25 , which i must add is held high up there in my eyes , and because this engine has had a slight capacity change.............and also air flow improvements another aspect to look at would be the off boost power/pickup and driveability.

The valve cover was £45 to be electro plated.
Very cool on the valve cover. Guess I phrased it wrong. Not that its just for looks, but someone on the aftermarket making a cast aluminum valve cover would be cool. I had a Polo G40 one on my IDI TD and sold it with that. Anyways...the chrome one on yours dresses things up...looks nice :)

Maybe I haven't been reading mojogoes but did you have an air/water setup previously? This was my choice for the mTDI Rabbit GTD project vs. the air/air that I had before for a couple of reasons 1.) plumbing locations and fit area on Rabbits are really limited...i wasn't a fan of my old air/air setup 2.) I liked the idea of the very short charge air path that the air/water unit will allow me to run...and the additional advantage of less pressure loss (though, with a good air/air core and smart plumbing, this can be achieved too... and also 3.) i have my air/water unit here from a project lysholm 16v that I never did do on my lysholm corrado I had. So...thought I'd use it.
What i don't like about it.... battery relocation and finding a pump that I like to use for the coolant flow. When finished though, it should be nice.

Maybe I'm missing the boat, I don't know if i'd do air/water either if it was for an everyday application car...especially a DD but the Rabbit is only my summer fun car now, granted...i'll drive it alot...but it won't see many many many miles a year, etc. Just interested in hearing what you did or didn't like about the air/water setup.

Joe

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
No Joe the motor belonged to tdi-rs and he had a mechanical pump and no ecu plus water/air inter cooler.............so the timing was set to max advance permanently , great at wot but not at other times but ,
Achieving what Simon aka tdi-rs did under the circumstances and conditions he had to work with was and still is big time IMHO because to some degree he was working blind doing it has he did.
I myself am taking a much easier road and may not achieve what he has which puts it all in perspective.
For drag racing you could argue your at wot 100% but if you think about it this would lead to excess lag and incorrect burn btdc abit like having to high an octane , and on our motors would lead to as above and high smoke levels plus high egt's.
20vt......not my strong point but i'll fill you in when i can grasp/know the details.

somepunk22

Veteran Member
mojogoes said:
Its a ss manifold/header with an extended u shaped header to place the turbo over the gearbox so as to give it the room to fit , it also makes more room for a larger straighter up/down pipe .
I will ask Anton to put some more pictures up for me next time.
Hmmmm. ss manifold? :confused: