***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
A guy I went to bootcamp with got orders to the Eagle. He ended up falling from one of the masts and died from his injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
My friend, Marc, was a retired USCG Commander and sailed as an instructor in this:

While it is not made of wood like the boats that he built in retirement, it is beautiful nonetheless.
Condolences to you regarding the loss of your friend.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Win!

Thanks, ng3. Judging by the shape and rake angle of the rudder head, it looks like a Folkboat. Sweet, rugged little North Sea sailing boats.

Next?

Last edited:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
I passed thru Owen Sound today from Wiarton where the wooden boat was, I thought there would be more "Sounds"

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
There are a lot of bays and inlets along the Atlantic that are referred to as "sounds", but I've never seen a town on or near any of them with the word in the name.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
There are a lot of bays and inlets along the Atlantic that are referred to as "sounds", but I've never seen a town on or near any of them with the word in the name.
How about Puget Sound region?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Puget Sound is a body of water, but I don't think that there's a city or town by that name. If there is, maybe WEB can find it.

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Puget Sound is a body of water, but I don't think that there's a city or town by that name. If there is, maybe WEB can find it.
The wife and I were talking about this today. There is no city in the area with the word sound. Been racking my brain though trying to remember if I've ever seen a sign with "Puget Sound" in it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Owen sound if you're in ontario...
Yup, that's exactly where ng3 got the idea for the challenge. ;)

Current Challenge: (#1492) Your TDI by a city limit sign that has the word "Sound" in it.

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
HIJACK!

Current Challenge: (#1493)Your TDI with a sign that has the letters - t a c - in a row.
What if the common acronym for your place of employment is TAC but the only available sign says "Chrysler Toledo Assembly Complex"

Would that be a win?

Current Challenge: (#1493)Your TDI with a sign that has the letters - t a c - in a row.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If none consecutive works...

It was difficult to find an angle to see between the brick columns and my TDI :)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Whitedog, your hijack was too early. ng3 has until 6:41 to post another challenge.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Okay, current challenge stands. ng3's hour has elapsed.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Okay, current challenge stands. ng3's hour has elapsed.

Only question now is.... do the letters need to be consecutive? Inquiring minds want to know :D

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Only question now is.... do the letters need to be consecutive? Inquiring minds want to know :D
Given the wording, I'd say yes, but it is not my challenge.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Consecutive.

So really it's 73 hours after the challenge? 72 + one hour for the OP. I guess I jumped the gunner. And my plunger is in my Jetta in the body shop.