10mm pump to 11mm pump need remapping

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Beetle TDI, Vanagon Syncro with front and rear lockers, non viscous coupler, with decoupler waiting for a TDI swap
I am replacing my engine which is currently set up with a 10mm pump, .205 injectors, stage 11 chip retuned by Kerma. My new engine is an 11mm pump and putting 764 injectors with my stage 11 chip. Do I need to remap my chip for the bigger injection pump and injectors? Will it hurt anything if I run the chip as is? :confused:

Last edited:

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
Yes certainly, you'll be pouring in twice the amount of fuel otherwise. I assume you have a Turbo and clutch upgrade planned?

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Beetle TDI, Vanagon Syncro with front and rear lockers, non viscous coupler, with decoupler waiting for a TDI swap
I have a stock turbo and a vr6 clutch. Just got a new motor with an 11 mm pump. I had .205 injectors with my remapped stage two chipping. Can I adjust the IQ or does it need to be remapped?

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
What's a Stage 11 chip? Was the salesman's name Nigel by any chance? Between the 11mm pump and PP764's your going to be significantly over-fueling your current tune. You can dial it back using VCDS/Hammer-mod but if you plan on running this configuration for any period of time, I'd sure consider a remap. There's only so much you can do without one and some elements are not going to be ideal. The amount and severity can only be discovered by working with your new configuration and the tools you currently have at your disposal. When you've exhausted your options there, you can decide if a remap is needed or not.

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the info. I stick to my 10mm pump for now and when $ comes again I'll do everything properly. My chip was originally an Upsolute stage 2 program then re-tuned by Karma. The Upsolute smoked real bad in my car. Thanks for the help. My Beetle has been parked for three years waiting for a new engine. So close to dumping the boring Honda.