Q7 Tires?

turnbaugh

TDI
Q7
We really like the Q7 TDI except for two things. It needed new front brakes and rotors after 25,000 and now at 28,000 it is time for tires.

Has anyone identified a tire that will last longer than the original Pirellis?

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
My 2009 needed new rotors and pads at around 75,000 miles. The car came with Goodyears LS2's on 19 inch wheels. After 2 sets of Goodyears, I decided to go with Michelin's Latitude. As I understand it, the bigger the wheel diameter the worse the tire wear. Very pleased with Michelins.
The brake rotors are not a DIY project; need special tools.

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
The Michelins are rated at 55k, the Pirelli's at 50k, assuming you have 19's. If you have 20's the Bridgestone DUeler HL Alenza is 65K, and next is the Michelin Latitude at 55K. I doubt you have the 21's.

jimmysan

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI
My 2011 came with Bridgestone Duler H/L 400 (275/45). Can't vouch for longevity since I only put on ~ 22k miles on the tires. It seems to be holding up okay. The tires performs very well on snow/heavy rains days. With Quattro, the tires maintains good tractions on the wet/snow covered hilly side streets. I would wait and see how long this set tires will last to decide buying this set of tires again.

Cheers,

gtab55

TDI
TDI
When I owned my GL we put the Latitude series on it about every 20k. They were the worst tires we have ever owned for any vehicle. After about 10k, they hummed and were considerably noisy. I put on Scorpion Zero's before we sold it and they lasted all the way to 20k and still had plenty of life left. I was happier with them in the rain too. Can't say too much about snow but the GL was 4matic similar to Audi's setup so I would assume some common handling. I would give the Pirelli scorpion verde's a chance. They get great reviews and have a decent tread wear rating too. I will say one good thing about the michelins though, they gave a really comfortable ride. The pirellis still did, but the michelinn were the best.

turnbaugh

TDI
Q7
Thanks everyone. Michelins here have a 55K warranty. They guarantee they won't be noisy or they will replace them.

I will give them a try. In the past alays had good luck with Ms.