Ross-Tech VCDS- Just got one.

Mundgyver

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2001 Dodge 6 speed Cummins 5.9 L
Hello all, I just received my Ross-Tech VCDS. I am working my way through the book they provided and have done a preliminary scan on my 2011 Jetta TDI. It is nice to have the ability to check things out.

I do have one question though for the forum and it is not about the VCDS but rather the VW Factory Service Manuals that VW does not seem to sell any more nor does Bentley Publishing.

I understand that one now has to subscribe on line to view or gain access to the manuals.

Does anyone here have a link to where I can find the manuals on line?

Thanks for your help.

Mundgyver

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2001 Dodge 6 speed Cummins 5.9 L
Yes I have it saved in my Surface Pro 3 that I am using for the software.

Last edited:

vijayss

TDI
2009 vw jetta sportswagen tdi
Hello all, I just received my Ross-Tech VCDS. I am working my way through the book they provided and have done a preliminary scan on my 2011 Jetta TDI. It is nice to have the ability to check things out.

I do have one question though for the forum and it is not about the VCDS but rather the VW Factory Service Manuals that VW does not seem to sell any more nor does Bentley Publishing.

I understand that one now has to subscribe on line to view or gain access to the manuals.

Does anyone here have a link to where I can find the manuals on line?

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
I am contemplating buying one. Could you tell me which interface you bought. Will I be able to prime my fuel filter and check DSG fuild temperature with both Micro-CAN and HEX+CAN?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Hi,
I am contemplating buying one. Could you tell me which interface you bought. Will I be able to prime my fuel filter and check DSG fuild temperature with both Micro-CAN and HEX+CAN?
Yes. VCDS (the program) is the same no matter which interface you use. Your 2009 is definitely a CAN bus car.
-Micro-CAN only works on CAN bus cars (in the US 2005.5+) like Mk5, Mk6, Mk7, etc.
-KII-USB works only on older VWs (pre 2005.5) like Mk3, Mk4, etc.
-HEX+CAN works on old and new VWs. It is like both of the above in one cable.

Have Fun!

Don