Golf Mk4 Alh stock tune

Terror2001

TDI
2001 golf ALH
Hello guys and girls, I am new here and need help.
Basically what happened- my friend made a tune for my engine , and didn't save stick maps. Stock turbo peaks at about 23psi and im afraid it is not going to last , also fuel economy went thru the roof, it's about 9l per 100km when im driving like a grandpa.

Any idea where to get stock ECU tune ? Local shops asking for 350cad$ and I don't wanna pay for that much for stock.

Unfortunately I cannot post a picture of ECU but here all the number on it , I don't know where exactly to look at
65 038906012cp
Diesel edc15vm+ 2839

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Sounds like your friend should be paying for it
All these tunes cost about that much.
Only option is to return it the way you had it tuned or pay up. I'm sorry.
Never let "friends" work on your car.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Wouldn't it be possible to swap out that ECU with another one (from wreckers or such)? Need to make sure it's that same year (watch for mid-year changes etc).

Yeah, it's some work, but this might take some stress out knowing that there's more than one option.

BTW - [for a manual trans car] Malone Stage II tune with DLC520 nozzles and you've got the perfect balance of power and fuel economy: my car is averaging 4.6l 100km since I've had it- about 140k kms! (got 4.13l 100km last tank); it runs mostly highway.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
"Wouldn't it be possible to swap out that ECU with another one (from wreckers or such)?" UhOH

You need to have the immobiliser deleted, about a $100 of de-programming.
But after that, yes, it will work. I've got one as a spare ECU.