VW Fox (5Z) TDI odometer correction

udo

TDI
VW Fox TDI
Hello,

Where in the Netherlands, Germany or elsewhere in Europe can I find a person or a company that can correct the amount of Kilometers that my replaced `dashboard display` (with speedometer, odometer, fuel, rpms, etc) currently displays?
I would like it to display the real amount of Kilometers instead of the current (lower) amount.

Please let me know!

Kind regards,
Udo

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Hello,

Where in the Netherlands, Germany or elsewhere in Europe can I find a person or a company that can correct the amount of Kilometers that my replaced `dashboard display` (with speedometer, odometer, fuel, rpms, etc) currently displays?
I would like it to display the real amount of Kilometers instead of the current (lower) amount.

Please let me know!

Kind regards,
Udo
You should be able to change the plastic gear on your speed seneor to a higher or lower tooth count for minor wheel size differances.

udo

TDI
VW Fox TDI
It is not the speed indicator I mean, but the counter of Kilometers that the car has travelled; this counter I desire to correct.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Hello,

Please let me know!
Is this a new instrument cluster (speedometer)? I ask because most VW speedometers cannot be easily set to a desired odometer reading after they have 100km on them. In other words a new speedometer can be set to any odometer reading with VCDS within the first 100km. However after there is 100km on the odometer this won't work anymore. If your "current (lower) amount" is over 100km it becomes much more difficult. There are probably people who can do it, but I do not know who they are. Good Luck!

Have Fun!

Don

udo

TDI
VW Fox TDI
It is a used, second hand cluster.
Even the dealer did not say that if I got a replacement cluster from the dealer (€400 refurbished part) that the odometer would be corrected.