withdrawn

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
No, it is not.
Well it sure looks like one. You haven't posted an asking price, just an opened ended listing for offers (which is an auction).

What is the minimum or reserve ? I'm interested in bidding.

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup
I have no set end date nor specific minimum or reserve. I’m hoping to find the car a good home for a fair price and will happily consider any offers and conversations as they come.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
Read the rules for selling here, which you have not done. You must set a price. Calling an auction something other than what it is won't work. We're not a bunch of hayseeds.

Last edited:
TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup
Read the rules for selling here, which you have not done. You must set a price. Calling an auction something other than what it is won't work. We're not a bunch of hayseeds.
I can’t find any such rule. If a moderator has a problem with my post I’ll be happy to discuss it with them.

TDI Cup Editions are very rare cars without clear market values. I’m hoping to find this car a good home at a fair price and I’m happy to entertain offers and engage in a civil dialogue with anybody about pricing via PM, phone, or text. I’m not interested in negotiating with or selling to anybody with a combative attitude.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
Set a reasonable price. Check eBay auctions and "Sold" threads. Set it at or a bit higher than comparable sales. If you just bought your car 5k miles ago from the dealer and you're looking to break even, it most likely won't happen. If you know the TB needs to be done or you just blew a head because you didn't do the TB, knock that off the price. Use common sense. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/buying-selling-tdis-read-this-first.200517/
Since you have trouble finding it I posted it for you. TDI cup editions are not very rare cars either they are listed here fairly often and there were 2 sold recently near me for $8-$10K and they both had less miles than yours did. NADA retail is $8k. You can search on here to see what other have been listed for recently.

This is a civil discussion and I'm not combative. You're abusing the forum by attempting to create an auction, and being evasive about your intent. This is not ebay.

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
The "must post a price" reminder in the FS rules is actually at the top of the parts classifieds, which may be unclear to those who don't see the same list appear at the top of the car classifieds. It does say classifieds section:

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
  • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
  • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
  • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
No picture, no price, NO SALE!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
You're car is nice (not especially my interest, but I know some people really like the MkV). If the timing for a sale isn't right, that's obviously up to you, but if you mean the replies on TDIClub about including a price in your thread are the reason for post #13, then I'm a bit confused. You've been a member here for almost three years, certainly you know that one aspect which sets Fred's apart from so many other sites is the attention to detail and amount of user-oversight among members. The FS ads, unlike many places, are generally good because they are policed by members who are very conscientious, which helps prevents others from being scammed. There's nothing personal in CleverUser asking you to post a price, it's just part of the rules. His comments about the car are pretty accurate- but again, not personal. The FS ads get quite a few "rare" and feeler posts for cars, which doesn't go over well with a knowledgeable crowd.

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup
If I can’t negotiate terms directly with a buyer then it isn’t the right forum for me sell on. My apologies for not finding the rules in the parts section.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
If I can’t negotiate terms directly with a buyer then it isn’t the right forum for me sell on. My apologies for not finding the rules in the parts section.
You can negotiate directly with potential buyers via PM. The rules say to post a price, but nothing is stopping you from saying $Price/or best offer and fielding private PM inquiries. Your claim above is disingenuous, I think. We all understand you value your car very highly, with justification probably, and you want to get maximum value in exchange.

But to claim that this *FREE resource, with a global, massive market reach, moderated and curated by unpaid volunteers is somehow disenfranchising you is ...uncool, I think. You've been here long enough to read and understand all the great, free content and help. Least you can do is follow the rules too and not act personally aggrieved because we're not 'free ebay'.

Warning points applied --moderator

PS:
The posting rules for selling a car here are in the top stickied post in this subforum named '
TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted'

See here: '
Buying and Selling Tdi's? Read this first!'