2003 Golf GL TDI 2 door, auto, 100% veh history - switch to 4 door or passat wagon

VW_Lupo_TD

Veteran Member
TDI
4er Golf
SOLD !!! 2003 Golf GL TDI 2 door, auto, 100% veh history, black matrix interior

SOLD !!!

Hey there TDiclub folks,

i know what you are thinking - first post (long time lurker) and trying to sell his TDI - but wait ! I am not trying to get out of the TDI game (I am committed for life) but trying to "upgrade" to a 4 door Golf (maybe even a 5 speed) or Passat Wagon since we have had some changes in the fleet management planing ;-) this does not necessarily have to be a TDI since it will be used for shorter distance driving - but this is of course preferred.

Since it is vital for me that this Golf goes to a good home I wanted to list it here as a feeler / FS ad, but also with the hopes of someone with a 4 door or Passat Wagon wanting to "downsize" and that through this great forum we might find each other.

That said, please know that this sale is contingent on either you pointing me to or trading me a NEVER SMOKED IN, complete vehicle history replacement vehicle or that I come across one on my own (but I am looking hard).

Locals might know the vehicle or at least it's current major maintenance issue manager (growler) and i am sure he can vouch for it - but enough for the talk here are the specs and some pictures:

2003 Golf GL TDI with following options ($18630 sticker price):
- reflex silver (black matrix interior)
- 4 speed adaptive automatic transmission
- cold weather package
- brand new never used second key and valet key
currently 196xxx miles and going up daily (garaged nightly).

it also comes with
- custom made removable arm rest
- 2 NIB VW wheel center caps
- 1 quart of transmission fluid
- duplicolor scratch fix 2 in 1 in VW 02039 (reflex silver)
- NIB 3M headlight restoration system
- 2 previous owners who were just as anal retentive and OCD about their cars as me (see vehicle history)

the only things wrong with this car, other than the slight haze in the headlights, is a small crack in the front lip, which was fixed and is depicted, and some scratches in the bumper of the driver side where the better half was hit by some tire debris that a truck next to her ran over on the Interstate (less than 5"x5"). an area less than an inch by half an inch of the fender is also scratched where it meets the bumper (happened after pics of course). The daily used key fob looks a bit worn out and the key is not held in 100%.

Other than that the vehicle is in an immaculate condition especially for its age, has NEVER EVER been smoked in and has a 100% vehicle history from the window sticker to everything EVER done to it. You will be hard pressed to find a sub 100k vehicle with less stone chips and signs of wear and tear. As far as the interior goes you will be hard pressed to find one with less than 50k miles that looks this good !!

KBB private party value for excellent condition is $6345,
but since I had to convince the seller (fellow PCA member) for 2 weeks before he would give it up and paid more for it than he did 50k miles earlier I would like to think that the rarity of a vehicle in this condition would command a price of about SOLD (in god we trust - everyone else ca$h). I will save you money on taxes.

I apologize in advance for my mediocre, cheap point & shoot, non DSLR, non photoshop wizard picture skillz.....

if you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.
I have several hundred positive eGay feedbacks and references on many other car forums if you are seriously interested.

kind regards from Columbus, OH

for more pics and a video click SOLD !!!

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I have a passat wagon I will be putting together soon that I may be willing to trade for your car. It has a portfolio of records. I will keep you posted if you are interested.

VW_Lupo_TD

Veteran Member
TDI
4er Golf
of course i would be interested.

as luck have it i parked directly next to my EXACT twin car (color, seats, everything) next to the local library BUT it was 4 door and 5 speed - so i left a card and the lady actually wrote me an email ;-)

so I am quite confident i can move on something else quickly as I have cash in hand and can buy without selling this first, but you never know. i will immediately close this thread if I sell this - until then feel free to post what you have.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I did the auto trans fluid & Filter on 10/24/09 and the timimng belt on this car on 6/4/10.

This car is squeaky clean inside. was used for a commute from Columbus to Cinci daily until the current Owner purchased it. (note the drop in mileage :) )

This would be a great car for someone who has to have an automatic that is still healthy.

I would be happy to swap you for my Wagon.. well the nose anyways. :) the rest i am keeping.

VW_Lupo_TD

Veteran Member
TDI
4er Golf
going to check out a 4 door 5 speed TDi right now.
getting close.

just passed 197k mls and still running strong like on day one.....

Last edited:

VW_Lupo_TD

Veteran Member
TDI
4er Golf
ok, 50 miles shy of 198k miles i believe - went through an entire tank in one day yesterday. from 11:01AM to 23:16PM ;-)

let us not talk about my average as traffic was of course horrible.

the Golf, however, performed like on day one - needless to say.

Last edited: