Rear brake slider pins

pakhribas

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
2002 Jetta, Quick question. While getting the car ready for winter, I pulled the slider pins from the rear brake to re-lube them with anti-seize. Pulled both out...cleaned them....then noticed that the pins are different. One pin has a flat side...the other is round. Which pin goes in the top/bottom?

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
I cannot answer your question, but I will point something out:

You should not be using standard copper anti-seize on those sliders. Go get some synthetic brake grease from your local auto parts store.

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
pakhribas said:
2002 Jetta, Quick question. While getting the car ready for winter, I pulled the slider pins from the rear brake to re-lube them with anti-seize. Pulled both out...cleaned them....then noticed that the pins are different. One pin has a flat side...the other is round. Which pin goes in the top/bottom?
Lex is right, get some brake grease at your local parts store. A couple bucks gets you a bottle with a brush applicator. Its handy for other stuff too.

pakhribas

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Ok..Ok. I will use brake grease from now on. BUT....can anyone answer the original question regarding position of the slider pins? Which ones goes on top....round or flat sided one?