Vag-Com disabled EGR

Venturabass

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI GLS, tornado red, 5spd
Who has dialed down their EGR with Vag-Com? Will this affect the longevity of the engine in a negative way at all?

kwong7

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI / White
I had mine dialed down after picking up the car used with 2001 and a 70% clogged EGR/intake manifold. After having it cleaned, I had Harvieux recalibrate the EGR through Vag-Com. 30K miles later, I decided to allow a little more exhaust gas to recirculate (after idling at a fast food restaurant with my window down, I felt that a little recirculation would not be a bad idea...might help lessen the exhaust smell). I've also gotten a hold of a CCV filter and plan on installing it once I have all my other mods done (ie. clutch, LSD, short-shifter). I'd hate for the filter to get in the way of my other goodies.

kasper

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat TDI spd manual
I did mine modded for about 20,000 km, I noticed a slight reduction in mpg, but now I'm back to specs on EGR. No performance degradation either way.
I did install a CCV mod (version 2 of Kayakermit's device). This really reduces the amount of oil and crud going in the intake. So far no issues with clogging.I was completly stock for the first 75,000mi now at 100,000, runs great.
Ted