Driver side power window switches breaking MK4

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Any way to fix the power window switches on an 01 Jetta? The drivers door power window switches, both of the right ones, seem to have broken. I was in the junkyard trying to get another window switch control setup and they were all broken as well. Any fix or is there a new switch panel available?

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
You sure it's the switches? Have you checked the door accordion for broken wires?

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Yes, it is the rocker part of the switches, looks to ride on plastic pins on the sides? When I try to make the window do auto roll up, the rocker part comes up at an angle now and doesn't return to normal position when the window is fully up. When I took the switch panel out of the door, the rocker part is also loose. Otherwise, the windows go up and down without issue.

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Yep. Just checking. A lot of issues happen like this in the door accordion that gets overlooked.
So Junkyard or ebay is probably the best bet.