Injection pump/turbo!?

Rgaon_1

TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 1.9
So I’ve got a 99 Jetta manual trans And about 3 months ago I replaced timing belt kit and while I was at it I picked up an ip from a golf at the pick a part. Because the original one for my car had the seals replaced by me and my dad and I didn’t have vcds back then. So when I replaced the pump i didn’t set the timing properly for about a month until I finally bought vcds. So I set the timing and everything looks good. No cel or anything. But since I replaced the pump I’ve noticed my car a little slower than usual. Like the turbo doesn’t work as it did before. Could I let be the pump, I have my original one amd vagcom so if it’s the pump I can now calibrate it properly. What should I do

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Why did you replace the pump in the first place? Sounds like you did it to do it. Could be physical timing. Hard to say without a bit more understanding and some logs.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
why did you replace pump?
what is the QA set at?
did you double check the timing marks?
did you float the cam sprocket while tensioning the belt?

Rgaon_1

TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 1.9
I replaced the pump the first time because after we replace the gaskets I didn’t have the software to calibrate it properly so at idle it was idling really rough and shaking a lot

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Hammer mod. That's all you need to know to get it running properly with no vcds. No reason to replace the pump at all.

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
I did this same thing once ended up being the pump head only firing on 1$3 @2$4 what seemed like every other time was really hard to get started

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Yeah try the hammer mod, and if it doesn't work swap the pump and diesel purge it then hammer mod again.
The logs I would run sure IQ requested and actual and boost requested and actual. Graph then on Malone tuning and pay the link.
Look up hammer mod and run IQ logs to ensure IQ is different from requested.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk