Center Cap Options for MK4 15" Steel wheels?

2002 ALH TDI

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Gents,

Im putting some 15" steelies on my MK4 Jetta TDI for my summer wheels (snow tires are already on my alloys) IM looking for center cap options. The car is silver, and not a show car, but I was planning to plastidip the wheels silver and throw some sort of cap on to hide the center hubs and lug studs if possible?

What have people used ont eh MK4 cars, and do you have pictures?

Thanks!

Ryan

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Vlasic Pickle jar lids...

Smuckers Jelly Lids...

Smoothies/moon caps..

lids are easliy bent in 3-4 places around the outer rim to grip the raised portion of the center of the steelie. the rest is up to your imagination.. there are MANY lids this size that can be made to work... I preferred the vlasics myself.. and can easily be painted any color.

Never lost one.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Vlasic caps sounds like an Arkansas Red Neck thing to do:D

Seriously now, someone either stole one of my center caps or it come off on it's own.

I ordered a set of 4 off eBay for $ 10.00

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I can tell you that when people would notice them they would always smile and point to be sure their neighbors noticed them as well.

weather they were pointing out the rediculousness, or the awesomeness I will never know, but it was still fun to run them.

they also look good with beauty rings...

EdElPoZo

TDI
1999 vw jetta & 2002 vw golf
Just my two cents. I used a center cap off a nissan (part # 40342AU510) removed logo & cut off the three small clips to make it sit flushed and they fit perfect on fron axle nut. For the rear, i kept the green flange nut cap. Purchase 56mm vw emblem stickers and now have nice center caps for 15" steel rims. (have pictures but don't know how to post)

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
I needed some center caps for another car I have that has vintage ATS wheels on it. Original center caps are very hard to find and are usually in bad shape. The vintage Porsche guys will still pay enormous prices for them as they fit Porsche ATS wheels.

I found tons of generic center caps on eBay from China really cheap. They are available in all shapes and sizes. It took two tries, but I found some that fit properly. Then I found someone (also on eBay) that made adhesive logos in any size and ordered a set to fit. VW logos would be easy to find, but you can get center cap logos with just about anything you want if you do a search. I've been happy with them, they have been on for about a year and still look good.