Looking for ARP rod and main bolts/studs

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
I'm building my engine and need new TTY(stock) bolts. I figure i might as well go ARP. It seems the ABA 2.0L has the same main bolts as a TDI and ARP offers main studs for the ABA p/n-204-5402.

I'm looking for rod bolts. I have a guy @ ARP i can talk to. so if you guys know the size or ARP p/n please let me know. VR6 rod bolts are 9 mmx1.0 2in(50.9mm) long. I measured my AHU rod bolt and its measures just over 8.34mm dia and 45mm long. So are they the same? Since i measure more than 8mm they are 9mm?

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
The ABA main stud kit should work just dandy for you.

As for the rod bolts, I believe the TDI ones are unique to themselves and don't interchange with any gasser bolts. I know for a fact that while they do thread into 1.8T rods, they're too short. The stock TDI rods themselves seem to be more of a weak link than the rod bolts though.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
Thanks Matt I may just get the main studs and new stock rod bolts. i figure i need new bolts cause the stock ones are tty and why not get ARPs which i can reuse. I don't plan on getting to crazy for a while. When i do i'll get rods.