2000 Golf TDI on order!

morty

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf Silver
We ordered the a Golf GLS TDI Silver/Black September 27!

We opted to get the heated seats, the monsoon and the Lux. Pkg. Oh..6 cd changer.

Unfortunatly it is going to be the wife's car until I can afford a LS 400.

We did test drive the Honda Accord, and my wife wasn't impressed at all. She said that it drives like a Buick! She was dead against a Golf - especially a 5 spd. One test drive changed her mind! The guy I went though (he goes though the fleet department), said that it would be 10-12 weeks. I've read all the forums about maintenace, and I'm already looking around for a Delvac-1 dealer. I hope that I won't have any problems with the sunroof. The problems seem to occour only on the Jetta??

I thought about getting a licence plate holder, where the frame lists the URL of this web-site. I'm thinking white background with blue lettering.

Hope to be a TDI owner soon!

-Morty

nomad

Veteran Member
I think the license frame idea is wonderful!

I was going to pick up those stainless steel license plate holders in the catalog but a Fred's TDI page frame holder would be great!

I'm in!

Huracan

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta GL Dark Green , 2010 Jetta White
Hi Morty,

Congratulations! I see that at the end you chose to buy the TDI, regardless of the initial disappointment with Phoenix's diesel prices. I am sure you'll love the car.

morty

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf Silver
I called down to the local mall, where I had seen a shop that makes license plate holders. For $14.95 you get a crome holder with writing on it. It has blue background with white letting to match the VW emblem.

I was thinking: EAT MY SOOT! on top and

www.tdiclub.com on the bottom..the unofficial Fred's Forum License Plate holder, at a store near YOU!

Have fun - I know I will when I get mine. (TDI that is)

Morty

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
WAIT!!!

You guys have been very good in helping me out with donations, so I have just decided to register a easier .com name to remember. I'll start a new topic in the Very General discussion area about the added name. Unforutnatly tdi.com tdi.org are gone.
This will NOT change any of the current links, just make the site easier to find. (ie www.tdifans.com will just forward you to this site).

Now for your help... What url should we give to Fred's TDI pages? www.fredstdipage.org?, www.tdifans.org? I think a .org or .net would personally be good as we are not a company, but please list your urls in the new topic. At the end of the week I will select what seems to be the most popular 5 and post them in the voting section. After one week of voting, I'll register this new name and then you can use this on the frames, stickers, etc. To check if a name is free, goto http://www.networksolutions.com/

Thanks

Fred

[This message has been edited by VW Derf (edited October 05, 1999).]

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Just when you thought it was safe to order your license plate frame...

Thanks for the heads up, Fred!

morty

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf Silver
Fred,

I love the www.tdifans.org!

I also found www.tdipower.org not to be taken. This would be great too, except for the people that got stuck behind Ric in the left lane

P.S. www.tdidriven.org is also not taken..hey let's get everybody's suggestions out here and then we'll vote. Let's hear it!

morty

[This message has been edited by morty (edited October 05, 1999).]

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
I like:
www.freds-tdi.com
or
freds-tdi.com since the "www is assumed by the browser.

The shorter URL (IMHO) looks cleaner, easier to spot. And....since most people refer to this site as "freds tdi page" why not keep the same name? Fred deserves no less!

Traivor

Actually, it's up the the admin of the domain to set an address for "whatever.com" as opposed to "www.whatever.com" Generally both are set to the same address but this is not necesarily true. For example, if you go to www.muerte.net you'll see a lame default page, but if you go simply to muerte.net, you should get an error* because I removed the address for muerte.net.

More than you probably wanted to know about DNS.

* This is based on the assumptions that:
1. Netscape under linux(which I tested) behaves the same in this regard to IE/Netscape under windows, and
2. Your DNS server doesn't for some reason have muerte.net cached from before I removed the address.

Even more that you probably didn't want to know.

morty

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf Silver
It's been 3 weeks since I ordered the Golf.

I have great fears that our current car will break down before we get it. (that's non-sense, since it's only 3 years old).

I'm also dreaming about it now...nightmare the other night....Sorry, your order was canceled, because we don't import them any more.

Somebody pinch me!

Morty

------------------
Waiting for 2000 silver/black GOLF GLS TDI w/lux pkg, heated seats, and Monsoon.

morty

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
Morty... here's your 'pinch'

Just picked up our car yesterday after a 3 month wait. This car was worth waiting for. I know what you're going through, hang in there, enjoy Fred's TDI Page, and thou shalt be rewarded!

Take care,
Harry.

------------------
'87 Golf Diesel (265000+ Km)
'00 Golf TDI GLS (199 Km)