2011 Golf Mk6 2.0 TDI Oil pressure

Nasifkhan

TDI
Golf Mk6 GT TDI 2.0
Hi, I hope you can help. I have done some reading but haven't come across anything that has a similar issue to me.

The car is a MK6 Golf 2.0 TDI, 140bhp, CFFB engine. 85k mileage.

I had the gearbox changed because the gearbox oil leaked. It was a NFP gearbox and the garage put in a JMA Gearbox from a Mk5 170bhp. It fitted and worked albeit with some adjustment to the gear selector. I wasn't happy with the garage not putting in the same gearbox but they assured me it would work.

Drove the car less than 10 miles and the dash said "low oil pressure, engine off". The oil light came on as well.

Switched the car off, waited a bit for everything to settle, checked engine oil. There was sufficient engine oil.

Started the car, drove slowly (under 2k revs) towards the garage. After a couple hundred metres,lost power. Checked engine oil again and it was at the correct level.

Tried starting the car, engine cranks but does not fire.

Towed it to the garage , checked oil in engine and gearbox and both had sufficient oil.

What could have caused the low oil pressure to come on?

Could the gearbox kill the engine as described above?

Is it common for the oil pump to go on these like the pre 2006/2007 models?

Anyone know what to look for if oil pump has stopped working?

Car started but idle was really rough and it turns off after a few seconds. Nothing come up in dash and no codes.

Sorry for the long winded scenario, just trying to give as much info as possible.

TIA [emoji106]

Last edited:

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
I vote problem with loose harness plug or a ground, doubtful your oil pump crapped out. Is it a manual or auto/dsg? if manual then there is very little connection between the engine and box. you can look in your oil fill to see if you are getting oil to your valve train when you crank, Id bet yes..

Nasifkhan

TDI
Golf Mk6 GT TDI 2.0
Thank you for your input.

Yes it manual

Have been reading about the balancer shaft which rounds off and prevents oil from being pumped around.

Anyone know if the oil balancer shaft was amended on these engines from 75mm to 100mm?