Battery good, connections good, 2007 Super Beetle won't start

jcwillow777

TDI
2007 Super Beetle
I have a 2007 Super Beetle. It won't start. I have checked the battery and connections. They are good. I try to start it and hear nothing and no dash lights. The FOB won't unlock the doors or the trunk. I have looked at the fuse block that hooks up to the battery, it looks fine. I did find a half chewed up walnut on the negative terminal of the battery. I'm hoping a chipmunk didn't chew up some wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I have a 2007 Super Beetle. It won't start. I have checked the battery and connections. They are good. I try to start it and hear nothing and no dash lights. The FOB won't unlock the doors or the trunk. I have looked at the fuse block that hooks up to the battery, it looks fine. I did find a half chewed up walnut on the negative terminal of the battery. I'm hoping a chipmunk didn't chew up some wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You have my sympathy :(

walnut sounds to big for mice-rat

squire- chipmunk :confused:

Sorry

Do you keep it in a garage?

jcwillow777

TDI
2007 Super Beetle
Yeah, car is in the garage. We had problems with another car. It had some pink insulation in the engine compartment. Mechanic said he had seen Chipmunks and squirrels get into the engine to warm up and chew wires. Fortunately that wasn't the issue before. Hope it isn't this time.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Yeah, car is in the garage. We had problems with another car. It had some pink insulation in the engine compartment. Mechanic said he had seen Chipmunks and squirrels get into the engine to warm up and chew wires. Fortunately that wasn't the issue before. Hope it isn't this time.

.... so far we have been lucky. We garage 'em too. Where we live (from time to time) we do have mice friends, and we keep a permanent supply of PIZZEN to fill their little gut.

We know thier back by "tracks" -- then we start checking and watching the PIZZEN supply. Darn stuff is not free. Some times we need to get 'bout $20 just to stock up.:mad:

Squires and other large animals is out of my education-pay grade.

... good luck