Check rear driver side door seal.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
washed my car this past weekend and found the rear driver side door rubber weather seal is coming off the door in the lower corner.

going to ask service at work today and see either vw will install new seal or just 3m double sided tape it. i hope a new seal will be the right choice though.

Also checked it today on 2 other JSW's that came off the truck and it seems right on the corner portion of the door (only the drivers rear) is where it is starting to peel.

so check yours out and post up and see if this might be a common thing but no one has saw it yet. and i will post up with what warranty says.

DriverFoundNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW in Salsa Red; 2005 Golf in Indigo Blue
Had this problem on my '07 Passat. Darn thing was "held" on by peel and stick adhesives, but the dealer eventually got it to stay stuck.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
yea i talked to service today, went a head and ordered a new seal. will post back with update, should be in monday.

WGJSW10

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI
I had the same problem with my 2010 jsw, the driver's side door seal was too large for the door itself. the dealer should order and new one and replace it free of charge, that's what mine did.

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
just wanted to report that I just noticed my door seal on my rear driver door is doing the same, except its both the upper left and lower left of the door that its coming off of. Going to the dealer soon to get it fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
well mine should be in tomorrow at work, its all under warranty for sure. Mine has gotten a lot worse over the past week with the crazy heat going on. lower left and right corners are both peeling very bad.

ogaspard

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen

Washing my car yesterday and noticed the driver's side rear door seal was unstuck bottom left. Anybody know what adhesive to use to re-adhere?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Washing my car yesterday and noticed the driver's side rear door seal was unstuck bottom left. Anybody know what adhesive to use to re-adhere?
Just like the people above - I would suggest warranty adhesive. Let your dealer order a new seal (gasket) and install it for free. I am assuming that your 2010 VW is still under warranty. If no under warranty, any good auto parts store should good double sided tape made for attaching auto trim.

Have Fun!

Don

TheJettaGirl

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I'm still having the same problem with the driver's side rear door seal. It keeps coming off. I bought my 2010 JSW TDI in 2/10 and started having this problem 1/11. It has been replaced by a dealership in Reno, NV once; 3 times in Escondido, CA and 4 times here in San Diego, CA. Of the 4 car doors, this one is the least used. It doesn't make any sense! The different dealers have tried various adhesives, seals and installation techniques...nothing works. My warranty expires next month and I'm concerned that I'll continue to have the same problem. Comments/suggestions are very much appreciated.

twilsey

TDI
'10 JSW - Blue Graphite
Same problem as well, driver side rear door. Sent it to dealer under warranty, was fixed for 1 week and then the new one did the same thing?!