Modded bjb hard to start when cold and no accelerator pedal temporary

hedgervw

TDI
Vw Caddy 2k 1.9pd
I’ve got a vw caddy 1.9pd 2k (heavily based on the mk5 golf 1.9pd)
It’s quite modded originally a bjb changed to an asz with mods to get it to work with bjb ecu
With mild cam, 80% injectors, bigger valves, heavier valve springs, GTB2260 Tubular manifold , 3” downpipe and exhaust, bigger air filter, oil 19mm catch can. Putting out about 280bhp and 400lbft

It’s started having a problem starting, the longer it’s left the harder the first start in the cold is any start after that is spot on. It also goes into a very rough idle and you can’t use the accelerator pedal! After 30 secs(some time less) it goes to a normal idle and works normal.

I’ve reconditioned the starter motor, new battery, new glow plugs (upping the glow plug time in vcds) changed the glow plug loom, new oem cam sensor, crank sensor. Nothing seems to change it the torision is at -1

Picture of engine bay for attention!

Any advice would be greatly received!

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Have you cycled the key a few time to make sure the fuel pump is priming the system? Maybe you have a slight air leak into the fuel system.

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
What injector bodies you have now, the original ones with big nozzles? If not, it can be a BIP/SOI/Duration problem in software.

hedgervw

TDI
Vw Caddy 2k 1.9pd
Thanks for all the replies
Injector's O-rings do that when damaged
This is interesting as I have spare injector seals and I installed them straight from the injector upgrade so have no guarantee that the seals were done.

Have you cycled the key a few time to make sure the fuel pump is priming the system? Maybe you have a slight air leak into the fuel system.
The lines are upgraded braid ones but it might worth a check

What injector bodies you have now, the original ones with big nozzles? If not, it can be a BIP/SOI/Duration problem in software.
It’s upgraded pd150 with firad nozzles, funny enough the mapper did some tweaking with the map and managed to improve starting but it only slightly improved starting
They are