Windesa German Sunshade Blinds for 2013 JSW

lagunatdi

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Just got my first TDI about a month ago, really enjoying it so far. I'm in So. Cal, so we get a pretty good amount of sunshine here and somewhere in the threads I saw a mention of these sunshade blinds.

I took the plunge and really like them. They took very little time to install, can be removed easily and does knock down the sun heat. They also do make the car look a bit more sleek, almost like I tinted the windows.

Here's the link to the JSW version from their site. They're also available on Ebay from the same company but the price was slightly different.
JSW Link

I was pleasantly surprised how fast I got them, they arrived in a few business days from Germany via some kind of expedited carrier that was delivered by Fedex here.

Installation was easy. A few of the windows have small clips that fit in easily, the the screen goes in. Just reverse to remove. A couple of the windows don't use any clips, the frame of the screen is enough tension. They all fit easily and well. Picture-laden instructions do make it easy. The only minor quibble is the hatchback window's frame is just a tiny bit too small but it's not really very noticeable.

Cost was 142 Euros + 35 Euros for shipping which is about $233.00 USD. (August 2013) - FYI, they drop the VAT tax if shipping to the US.

Last edited:

Jettix2

TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6-Speed
Just got my first TDI about a month ago, really enjoying it so far. I'm in So. Cal, so we get a pretty good amount of sunshine here and somewhere in the threads I saw a mention of these sunshade blinds.

I took the plunge and really like them. They took very little time to install, can be removed easily and does knock down the sun heat. They also do make the car look a bit more sleek, almost like I tinted the windows.

Here's the link to the JSW version from their site. They're also available on Ebay from the same company but the price was slightly different.
JSW Link

I was pleasantly surprised how fast I got them, they arrived in a few business days from Germany via some kind of expedited carrier that was delivered by Fedex here.

Installation was easy. A few of the windows have small clips that fit in easily, the the screen goes in. Just reverse to remove. A couple of the windows don't use any clips, the frame of the screen is enough tension. They all fit easily and well. Picture-laden instructions do make it easy. The only minor quibble is the hatchback window's frame is just a tiny bit too small but it's not really very noticeable.

Cost was 142 Euros + 35 Euros for shipping which is about $233.00 USD. (August 2013) - FYI, they drop the VAT tax if shipping to the US.
Any pics on your car? I had a similar thing in my Volvo XC90 and they were nice, but not nearly as pricey......

Racerman27410

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI 6MT
I've had my blinds for about a year now in my JSW and they are still doing the job and looking good. Well worth the coin in my book and they do a fine job of reducing the need for tint. Here in NC there is an extra 15 dollar fee during our yearly inspection if you have tint so this is my way around that.

poweredbytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
+1 for these and similar experience. I don't use the rear window one because it's hard to see. I have legal limit tint for WI so this allows me to feel better about having darker windows. They rear side panels stay in up to 85MPH with the windows down. I have not had need to test higher speeds.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
+1 for these and similar experience. I don't use the rear window one because it's hard to see. I have legal limit tint for WI so this allows me to feel better about having darker windows. They rear side panels stay in up to 85MPH with the windows down. I have not had need to test higher speeds.
I agree. I have them too. My favorite feature is related to your statement. I often open a rear window for ventilation when driving around town (when it is not so hot that AC is required). The sun shades cut way down on the turbulence, wind, and the buffeting while letting in fresh air. They are easily removable, but mine have never been removed since they were installed a year or two ago. No complaints about them at all.

Have Fun!

Don

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
+11 on these shades.

one of the best additions out there. wind and light come in, heat and dust stay out.

tariq

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
+100 on these pop in shades. With the way the JSW trim around the windows is recessed, it's almost as if it were designed for shades like this. I was also amazed at how quickly my order arrived from Germany. Less than 5 days, and that even included a weekend.

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
Would love to see some pics of it with the windows rolled up and down. Just upgraded from a '10 to a '13 and need to tint the windows but this looks like a viable option

tariq

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen

MontrealTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI w/DSG
Love mine, efficient ordering (Germany lol), got it 2 days later with the VAT taken off. Fantastic purchase.

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
Thanks for the pics! Helps a lot to see what they look like close up. Definitely will have to think about this one

lagunatdi

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
No VAT if they're shipping to the US. As you go through checkout the VAT will disappear as you get to the end.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
^^Thank you for the information. That will help take a little of the sting out of the purchase. They aren't cheap, but I know they are nice and fit very well. I just didn't pull the trigger yet.