VAG CAN commander

genato

TDI
Passat 2.0TDI Variant 170hp
Hi there!

I purchased chinese diagnostic tool called "VAG COM Commander 5.1 full" over internet. It was cheap (of course), but my Passat costs me too much to invest any more money in it (clutch, EGR, MAF etc...). I bought it to repair non-working driver power window, which is currently only in manual mode (no automatic up and down function) and for any future problems I might have. Nobody would give it a minute to repair, since some code or parameter has been erased.

This is same, as this diagnostic tools tells me. Since I got no instructions with this tool (no wonder...), I'm of course looking for one, to be able to use tools full potential (if there is any). In addition, what is "diagnostic session" and what it means? What numbers you can put in and how do they affect this tool? Where can I order or download instructions or manual? Any OBD diagnostic manual available?

Please, any non-critic post would be highly appreciated. I know this tool is a clear violation of any civilisational achievements, but so is jerking around with car owners, which often only pay serious money for no effect. And I'll use it for personal use only (hopefully only once).

Thanks to all!!

G.

pgenis

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA 2006
VAG-CAN Commander 4.5

I have read interesting thread about replacing low line cluster with high line cluster on A5. Maybe the author of that thread will give you and the rest of us some answers.

And check this one too.

This
is another site to visit not sure if they are authentic - prices are too high.

Here they seem to be reasonable.

Last edited: