1999.5 TDI 5 speed, respond by 11/1/11, Western Pennsylvania

tyhoppy

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
I need to know before 11/1/11 if you are interested in this car. I am deciding if I should fix it or not, and if there is no interest by the 1st, I'll know what to do.

Car has 228,000 miles on it. Hit a deer on the interstate. Damage to the hood, passenger fender, passenger door, and passenger headlight. Has Upsolute chip, Race pipe, and Mufflerectomy. VR6 Clutch upgrade. See pictures. Email for more info tyhopp02@yahoo.com.

All parts are available aftermarket or used locally for $450 total. Got prices from www.car-part.com and www.autopartswarehouse.com.

Asking $2500.

Thanks.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
hmm...there is a junkyard by my house with a blue jetta and a blown engine. If only you were closer :)

Just out of curiosity, is it driveable in is current condition?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Drive it man. Go all Mad Max. WGAF what it looks like. Why sell if it gets you where you want to go?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I concur. If replacement repair parts are only $400, (and even if installation takes you all of two days) I think you'd be nuts to not repair it.
But, if you were thinking of selling before the venison violence, then sell it as-is.

tyhoppy

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
Sorry guys, I decided to keep it. I found matching parts at a junk yard locally. I'm going to drive it while I look for a TDI with fewer miles. Then it'll be for sale.