Stage 5 Malone Tuning baja w/compound setup!

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
So I wanted to share my tune and also exchange some thoughts ...new GT1756VK turbo, 4 bar MAP sensor, a custom built aluminum log intake manifold, FT 300 nozzles w/2 stage calibration. ..will also be installing a T04 turbo from a Russian built unimogg, during desert storm my brother was in the Army and while searching for weapons of mass destruction he opened up a bunch of crates with new twin turbo diesel engines. ..he took off 4 turbos, I got one of them. ...the intake on this turbo is 3 inches and has a 2.5 inch discharge. ..my engine is a 2003 ALH...this should make an interesting powerful combo.

What are your thoughts?

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
Sorry but I don't know how to upload pictures on this forum. ..it wants a link and I won't ever use a photo sharing site again. ...I don't see where I can upload from my computer. ..other than that I would love to share my photos of my Fiat 500 baja.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
tinypic has been pretty unobtrusive for me, gotta register or they delete the pics after 90 days though

Housing dimensions don't mean much, give some dimensions of the wheels for better input, though it really doesn't matter all that much, no matter what it is it'll wake up and do something in some RPM range.

ETA: make sure and think on a HP bypass wastegate, as a small VNT turbine like that is quickly overwhelmed by reasonable airflow.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
My thoughts...

A turbo from a Unimog? ...on an ALH?

Upgrade the firewall with armor plating, because if that thing blows, something will come shooting out the engine compartment.

No not really (at least probably not) (hopefully).

Good luck with the build.

Fiat500Baja

TDI
None yet
Thanks itsmejerry, I appreciate your delicate input, lol...from the research I've done on compound turbo setups, the big turbo is almost twice the size of the little turbo which is about right for my application.

I'm really thinking about going with a air to water intercooler. ..my research shows that they actually dissipate the heat the best.