new 2015 Golf Sportwagen

ctstang

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Hi Everyone:
Newbie here. I am Glad that I found this Forum. 3 Weeks ago I purchased a 2015 Golf Sportwagen. After the test Drive I was convinced that this car had the Golf Personality, sporty and fun to drive. I purchased the car from Gunther Volkswagen located in Coconut Creek, Florida. This is the second Golf TDI that I have purchased from this dealer. My Wife drives a 2011 Golf TDI. The day after I drove the car off the lot I noticed that the check engine light was on. 32 Miles on the car and the check engine light is on. Back to the dealership. I was not a happy camper. After they ran the diagnostics they found a faulty sensor. The cleared the code but after a test drive it came on again. They decided to replace the sensor which they had to have overnighted. Got the car back and all was well. Three days later I was caught in a heavy rain storm so I flipped on the wind shield wipers and the blades were shuddering like crazy. Back to the dealership. They replaced the front wipers but had to have the rear overnighted in which meant another 20 minute drive to the dealership. My 2011 has never had one issue. I just do scheduled maintenance . Ii noticed that my 2011 was assembled in Wolfsburg, Germany and my 2015 was assembled in Puebla, Mexico. I would love to hear others opinions regarding my experience. :eek:

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I have had 4 Jetta sedans and my current Jetta Sportwagen all assembled in Mexico and have had zero issues. My 2012 Passat was assembled in Chattanooga with very little trouble. I had a 2011 Tiguan that was assembled in Germany and had nothing but trouble with it...

Sorry for your trouble, sounds like this one was assembled on a Friday ;)

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Hi Everyone:
Newbie here. I am Glad that I found this Forum. 3 Weeks ago I purchased a 2015 Golf Sportwagen. After the test Drive I was convinced that this car had the Golf Personality, sporty and fun to drive. I purchased the car from Gunther Volkswagen located in Coconut Creek, Florida. This is the second Golf TDI that I have purchased from this dealer. My Wife drives a 2011 Golf TDI. The day after I drove the car off the lot I noticed that the check engine light was on. 32 Miles on the car and the check engine light is on. Back to the dealership. I was not a happy camper. After they ran the diagnostics they found a faulty sensor. The cleared the code but after a test drive it came on again. They decided to replace the sensor which they had to have overnighted. Got the car back and all was well. Three days later I was caught in a heavy rain storm so I flipped on the wind shield wipers and the blades were shuddering like crazy. Back to the dealership. They replaced the front wipers but had to have the rear overnighted in which meant another 20 minute drive to the dealership. My 2011 has never had one issue. I just do scheduled maintenance . Ii noticed that my 2011 was assembled in Wolfsburg, Germany and my 2015 was assembled in Puebla, Mexico. I would love to hear others opinions regarding my experience. :eek:
Consider posting in the Mk7 specific forum:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Especially in the Common Issues and Resolutions thread. However off the top of my head, I don't recall anyone reporting any problems with the windshield wipers.