cold start problems

vf60

TDI
2004- Jetta TDI
Fellows:
Hate to inform this, but last Friday and again this morning the cold start problems started again, taking several cranks to finally start.
I was reading that another scenario might be the cold start switch located at the injection pump. Any more ideas.
(This is a nightmare, first I changed the lift pump, then the filter, which made it to work fine for a week and now this)
Thanks in advance for any other inputs that may come.
Vf60

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
We need some more info before trying to diagnose:

Have you discussed this in other threads?

It sounds like some troubleshooting has already been done. What EXACTLY has been done and what are the results?

What year / model TDI is this?

Tony

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
'04 Jetta - PD engine, so there's no 'cold start switch' available. Actually, it was an advance that was cable operated way way back before we had driving licenses, but has been electronically handled for lo, these many years.

Like Tony asked, more information, please!

vf60

TDI
2004- Jetta TDI
Fellows:
Yes, some things were previously tried, I installed a new lift pump, and a new filter, a month ago to try to fix the problem, the lift pump didn't do anything but the new filter solved the problem for 3-4 days then it started having the same problem again; it's a 2004, Jetta TDI, 95K, runs on D2 only; oil used is Castrol from the VW dealer, changed every 7K.
Thanks for trying to help.