BRM turbo actuator

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I'm looking for a BRM turbo actuator... anyone have a source for them new?

alphaseinor

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
not sure what street toys are here... do they have a website and can they ship overseas.

Just to clarify, I need the actuator on the turbo itself, the one with the built in sensor that sticks up (unlike the BEW actuator that sticks down).

The one I have is no longer holding vacuum. trying to avoid replacing the turbo.

alphaseinor

TDI
ahh... that explains it...

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
alphaseinor said:
not sure what street toys are here... do they have a website and can they ship overseas.

Just to clarify, I need the actuator on the turbo itself, the one with the built in sensor that sticks up (unlike the BEW actuator that sticks down).

The one I have is no longer holding vacuum. trying to avoid replacing the turbo.
Here's a link to the contact page for Street Toys...
http://www.streettoys2000.com/contact.htm

There is also a link in my sig...:)

I hope this helps! Good luck :)

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
I don't think those BW smart actuators are available new and much the way the Garrett ones were not until recently. For this reason, I am afraid to go with a reman due to the possibility the VNT position sensor within being faulty as has been the case on at least one occasion with us so far. It sure wouldn't hurt to contact Nick at Street Toys to see if anything has transpired lately. Later!

Arlon

TDI
Jetta, 2005, Blue Anthrocite
I may be looking for one also. Have been working on a turbo problem on my 05.5 for a long time! after around 2300 rpm and boost builds, it suddenly drops off, replace N75 and MAP sensor, same problem. Found a boost leak problem on clip of top inter-cooler tube and intake manifold, apparently they are not exactly the same and were swapped somehow so boost was leaking, fixed this but still have problem loosing boost. was thinking about cleaing turbo also as a last ditch effort