anyone wanna rent their HEX NET?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
i'm seeing on eBay a ton of rentals for every other version of VCDS, but not the mobile. perhaps it's too new a product?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Problem with renting is there's a VIN limit with the HEX-NET unless you buy the "Pro" model.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
yeah, thought somebody who's not using it on a fleet might rent as a one-off.

i just can't justify $400 plus for 4 settings changes... i suppose i could sell it after making my tweaks and recouping some of the cash.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I suspect that at least part of the problem is money. An unlimited HEX-NET costs about $600. I would not rent one to a stranger without at least a $600 deposit plus whatever the rental cost would be. If you can afford a $600 deposit, you could probably afford to buy your own interface.

It is just that I would be afraid that my Hex-Net would not come back after the rental. I would loan it to a friend, but I would be very hesitant to rent it to a stranger.

Have Fun!

Don

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...i just can't justify $400 plus for 4 settings changes...
If you plan on keeping your car, it is a good tool to have at your disposal. Also, helping out other folks is a good source for free beer. :D

The new HEX-V2 is $300 for a 10 Vin license and used genuine Ross-Tech cables are out there.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Have you checked the list to see if there is anyone with one close to you? I do this stuff all the time in my area for people like you.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I too own an unlimited Hex-Net and I would be skeptical renting it out unless the deposit was HUGE. I help out people that are local all the time; the last time somebody drove about an hour to my house and brought a six-pack of some very tasty beers. I responded with letting him taste some of my artisan applejack.