Glow Plug light blinking with CEL

Bop

TDI
2000 Jetta
Hi all,
Driving to work this morning and came up with glow plug light blinking and check engine light on. Pulled over shut off the engine. Restarted both lights came on 30 seconds later. Just replaced 4 plugs 2 weeks ago (because I got only check engine light on after diagnoising bad plug with ohm meter). I checked brake lights all good. I have an hour until Autozone opens for a scan. 2000 Jetta with 170,000 miles.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just missed 8 hours overtime because I couldn't chance the commute

Thanks,
Tony

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
OK you can check each GP all 7 of them with a meter. But did you clear the codes after you did the install. if not just clear the codes. Better yet find a TDier that has Vag-Com and you can then tell which GP is still bad.

NOET this is the season that GP faults will show up. as the temps are starting to drop. We were at 31* F this AM in So NH.. Burrrrr

Bop

TDI
2000 Jetta
Yep,
cleared code after install. No light for 2 weeks, now I get both lights, blinking glow plug and steady CEL. I have read that both on together can mean a bigger problem than just a bad brake switch or bad glow plug. I'm off to Autozone to check the code. I HAVE TO BUY A METER WHEN I GET EXTRA CASH!!
Thanks for the quick response Peter.
Tony

Bop

TDI
2000 Jetta
OK, just got back from Autozone (again). Code is 1562 Variable Speed Idle Auxillary Imputs Speed Control. I have no idea what or where this is. I am performing a search now with no luck. I NEED HELP!
Thanks,
Tony