Anyone tried the Hepa cabin filter yet?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
When I was doing an inventory for our local Audi store a few weeks ago, they had 3 different cabin filters in stock, one of which I had never seen before.

They had the standard paper "dust" filter, Part number 1K1-819-644-B.

They had the standard activated charcoal "dust and odor" filter, Part number 1K1-819-653-B.

But then they had a new gold "dust, odor, and particulate matter" filter, Part number 1K1-819-669. If you google the part number, it will bring up all 3 parts, but look for the one that has a cold colored media. According to skoda-parts.com it filters up to 99% PM2.5μm which doesnt QUITE meet the HEPA standards. But it's better than nothing.

The parts guy told me they are interchangeable so we could use it in our Passat. I am just wondering if anyone has seen or used these filters yet? Believe it or not, the "Hepa" filter is actually cheaper than the standard or charcoal filter.

MSRP on the standard filter is $15.50. The Charcoal filter is $19.98. And the "Hepa" filter is $14.35

c3kTDi

TDI
2015 Passat
The cabin filter in the 2015 Passat is easy to change. That's the good part.

The other part? Well, it's such a loose fit, I don't see the use in any kind of particulate filter. I've got a filter, but I think it's more to keep garbage from recirculating and getting into the fan (and that would make noise).

If a HEPA filter is used, it would restrict airflow. The filter is so loose, the air would just go around the sides (IMO). The HEPA filter would really not do much filtering.

However, it's not that expensive. Give it a shot and let us know how it works.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I'm using a K&N reusable washable cabin filter. A good tight fit and additionally comes with a foam gasket that glues to the filter access door. So there should not be any blow by air around the filter.
Also has a nice smell to it!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
c3kTDi

I suggest that you post your location instead of "Undisclosed".
I for one did or will not post a link since where I buy something would have no bearing on someone in Alaska for example!