www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 17th, 2016, 19:45   #1
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40's usually
Default My Wolfsburg Golf - An Adventure

Hello all,
I've been on the forum for a while now but have not yet posted my adventure so far with my 2013 Golf.
So here goes the story.
It all started in the summer of 2015 when I had just paid off my first car, a 2008 Honda Civic that I bought when I was a junior in high school.

The Civic had been in a accident before I purchased the car. It was rear ended and when I looked at it before purchase, it looked perfect. 4 years later, basically the whole area where the emergency tire sits had rusted. So bad that the body shop had originally quoted me $800 to repair it. Then when they started, I got a call that the price to fix would increase to about $4,000. I asked to give it the used car special and just make it look pretty and fixed.
Having grown up in a very German household, VW's were a normal sighting in our garage. And knowing the diesels are amazing from VW, I decided to look there. I was mainly looking at Jetta's since my best friend had leased one and loved the way it felt and drove... but it was a gasser.
I went to our local VW dealership and found by accident this 2013 Golf TDI.
[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Sold the Civic via Craigslist and made a nice down payment on the Golf. It was just what I was looking for. Plus the previous owner, of a Porsche Racing Team for that matter (according to the sales people), had gotten the entire front of the car protected in Lamin-X. The headlights, the grill, the foglights, no area was spared. He traded in the TDI for a MK7 Gti that he was specifically looking for.
Here is the first few pics of when I brought it home.
[IMG][/IMG]
The Golf had 23k miles on it upon purchase, the carpet mats were still sealed in the original plastic in the trunk, and the car felt like it was still new. This guy babied this car is what it felt like. I have plenty more pictures coming and story continues.

Last edited by WolfsburgGolfTDI; August 18th, 2016 at 11:08.
WolfsburgGolfTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 08:35   #2
NIN846

Nice car and good choice, it looks like mine except I only have 2 doors. I've had mine for over 5 years and the only issues i've had were a faulty oxygen sensor and my rear right brake caliper failed. They are solid cars just keep up all recommended maintenance and it'll be good to go for a long time.
NIN846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 10:49   #3
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Once the news broke over that the affected TDI owners would get a $1,000 goodwill package, I knew exactly what I wanted to get with the $500 card. Went with the VW roof racks along with one bike attachment. Got a great deal through a dealer in Coloardo and shipped it to my house in Cincinnati.
[IMG][/IMG]

Was browsing through Craigslist one saturday afternoon when I stumbled upon a person trying to sell the same VW bike attachment for $50. He purchased it back in 2005 for his Golf back then.
This was on my way to the airport to do a little biking and a little flying
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a pic that is sometimes witnessed by pilots.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by WolfsburgGolfTDI; August 18th, 2016 at 11:07.
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:12   #4
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN846 View Post
Nice car and good choice, it looks like mine except I only have 2 doors. I've had mine for over 5 years and the only issues I've had were a faulty oxygen sensor and my rear right brake caliper failed. They are solid cars just keep up all recommended maintenance and it'll be good to go for a long time.
That's great news to hear! So far the only issue I've had with this car is over the winter once where I'm pretty sure the lower intercooler hose froze and didn't let me start the car. The nice but not so nice thing about parking in a garage every night.
Old July 19th, 2016, 10:38   #5
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Had time to do a little preventative maintenance.
[IMG][/IMG]
Mainly just a tire rotation
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by WolfsburgGolfTDI; August 18th, 2016 at 11:06.
Old December 7th, 2016, 10:33   #6
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Got some new stuff coming. went with a euro switch. Photos to come and how the install went.
Old December 7th, 2016, 16:58   #7
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Looks good. Any other plans for it besides the normal maintenance? That's if you're planning on keeping the car...
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:14   #8
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Looks good. Any other plans for it besides the normal maintenance? That's if you're planning on keeping the car...
Looking to get perhaps a frostheater for it during winter, or atleast a winter front to help it warm up faster.

I've thought about wrapping the car in the VW Harlequin design actually. I think it would look pretty cool
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:33   #9
WolfsburgGolfTDI
Veteran Member

I got a little upgrade with the Golf R Shift lever
[/url]

And the Golf R/Audi Shift linkage. Shortened the throws and especially my 4th to 5th to become smoother. Or maybe its placebo effect.

[/url]