Dlc 1019.. Wow

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
If you change your nozzles with bigger, for example from stock 110ps(0.205) to 0.216 you should decrease your IQ a little. Probably if you had a tune for smaller nozzles and you are now at 6mg with 0.216, it's even more than 6mg, you should check the pump voltage at 3rd column on 001 channel. For best results you need to remap your pump voltage map.
For example on my ALH I'm with dlc1019 and 11mm pump, at neutral my pump is working at 1.35V and I have no vibrations and nothing, just working perfect. So you need to decrease your IQ until there are some vibrates and then increase it a little until they stop. But as I said for perfect results, you need remap. Also it needs some SOI corrections when changing nozzles.

atownbrg

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 5 speed
Hey nikolay thanks for the information. I'll check the voltage you mentioned and see what it shows. Hmm so I should actually decrease my IQ number? I have also noticed hard starting with where my IQ is currently set. I should make a new thread for all of this. I'll have to look into SOI tweaking as well.
Thanks again!

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I had a Kerma Tune before upgrading the turbo. When conversing with them about any perceived (or lack there of) improvement in power after installing the VNT17 this was their reply:
"Turbo doesn't matter, it's the fuel
turbo just keeps the smoke down
Right now you are at max fuel so no more power is available "
Had I known I wouldn't have invested in a bigger turbo.
That isn't quite true unless you are out of fuel, which you shouldn't be unless you are running stock injectors. Bigger turbo's with more fuel will make more power, otherwise why bother with a bigger turbo if you just need to add fuel. :(

I've had my dlc1019 (set up by dbw) nozzles installed for about 10k miles now. Timing at the top, IQ set mechanically at 6-6.2. Boost in power was great and i really am happy with them. But my big problem is slow down shudder! Happens almost 100% of the time. Sometimes i'll start the car up cold and it will start shuddering right off the bat. A couple days ago I adjusted the IQ up to 7 in adaptation. SDS was reduced tremendously, but i've lost tons of power. This sucks... I do plan to get a tune after a clutch upgrade but am i going to have to deal with constant SDS with the extra power? My car did have SDS pretty good before the nozzle upgrade, I think my IQ was set at 5 or something to reduce it . SDS is a mystery and i don't know how to fix the issue.
If you haven't got a tune, then hammer mod the pump to get the IG around 4.-4.5, then change it as needed in the Vag Com.