www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old December 28th, 2014, 10:06   #31
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

Got it cleaned up and tucked away for the winter.

Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:25   #32
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

New CCV puck thanks to INA. Need to tidy up the engine bay a little bit more and rig up my catch can once it gets warmer out.

Old March 4th, 2015, 08:55   #33
duwem
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Used to get 45, but big wheels, big brakes and a roof rack, 36mpg now

What is an INA ccv puck?
Panzer FMJ Skid Plate, PP520's on Flow Balanced Injectors, H&R 28mm Rear Swaybar, Eurosport X Brace, TT Shifter, 42DD shifter Bushings, exhaust restriction reduction, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, TT front control arms, spindles and brakes, 17" wheels w/ Potenza Summer Tires
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:24   #34
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

INA is a vendor on the site. He just had these made. It replaces the crank case vent and there is a filter pad in there to scrub out extra oil. I will still be running an oil catch can eventually.
Old March 17th, 2015, 20:11   #35
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Car looks great especially with the BBS RCs. One day I'll have a set for my car.
Old March 20th, 2015, 12:32   #36
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

Thanks! I had a friend with a GLI years before I got the Golf and always really like the look of them.
Old March 28th, 2015, 20:57   #37
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

A long time coming, R32 front bumper, 20th Anniversary Rear. Got GLI sides to still go on.

Broke the corners of my tail lights getting them off to put the bumper on, but Black Forest had these on clearance so they're ordered.

Then it is all getting plasti dipped this color until I can afford a real paint job.
Old March 29th, 2015, 16:44   #38
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

GLI Sides on.

Old March 29th, 2015, 18:12   #39
BlankThis
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: suck, squeeze, bang, smoke

I love GLI skirts on 4 doors. I'm going to try and find some and black texturize them to match my stock front and rear lips.

What suspension are you using? Looks like GLI/GTI height in the front but you have a bit of reverse rake.

The engine bay is gorgeous
[360k] - | GT1749VB | DLC764s | Southbend Stage 3 daily (soon) | WIX 24770 + CAT 1R7050 | DG Sigma 5 | 25th anni. e-codes | W8 console | NewSouth boost gauge | Koni Yellows/SRT.Ts w/ Neuspeed Sport springs | 1.8T pancake (soon) | PD150 intake w/ racepipe (soon) |
BlankThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 18:39   #40
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

20th Anniversary springs. It's a little lower in the rear because the shocks are needing replaced soon.
Old March 29th, 2015, 19:05   #41
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Once painted, your car will look great with the R32 bumper, GLI side skirts, and 20th Anniversary Rear bumper.

You sticking with the factory color or do you have something else in mind?
Old March 30th, 2015, 05:26   #42
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

Yeah I want to stick with the factory color. At first I didn't really think much about it, but that green really grew on me. Espically all cleaned up.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:04   #43
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

Had a very good weekend. I got my new fender on to replace the one that was dented by a deer before I bought the car. Notched the bumper a little bit to make it fit behind the intercooler better. Swapped out the tail lights. But most importantly I put the nozzles I was told "didn't work" on a spare set of injector bodies and swapped them in, and all of my problems have gone away.

A little back story. When I was having all my major work done I also sent my nozzles off to be installed and calibrated. I was told 3 just leaked fuel and wouldn't pop clean, and the third popped good, but didn't flow nearly enough fuel. I was sold a separate set of nozzles that I was assured would flow the same amount of fuel.

After my engine was rebuilt I was having all sorts of problems. I wasn't getting any boost, no power. Figured out if I unplugged the MAF sensor it started driving a little more normal. At this point I have been going back and forth with the tuner trying to figure out what is causing this issue, but it is drivable. On the interstate I have to give it about half throttle to get it to accelerate. Boost can jump to 20+psi, but I barely move in 5th or 6th, and I've never been able to get any smoke from these nozzles. It just seems like it is under-fueled, but I was assured the nozzles I purchased would flow the same so I kept banging my head against the wall. They should know, they calibrated them, right?

At this point I got so fed up with the way it was driving I bought a separate set of injectors. Friday I swapped the injectors with the nozzles I was told "didn't work" and installed them in the car. Took it for a drive, and the car is a rocket. Finally it is running like it should. Then Sunday I took it for another drive and though "I wonder if I can plug the MAF sensor back in?". Up to this point I need to have it unplugged otherwise it would barely move then at about 3000 RPM it would kind of take off, but would go to limp mode after a minute or two of driving. Sure enough I plugged it back in, cleared the check engine light, and it hasn't been back. And it still drives like it should.
Old April 7th, 2015, 14:57   #44
duwem
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Used to get 45, but big wheels, big brakes and a roof rack, 36mpg now

Cool, are those all oem body parts, or some aftermarket. I picked up a ROUGH OEM R front bumper, not worried about the rest yet till I get to working on that.
Panzer FMJ Skid Plate, PP520's on Flow Balanced Injectors, H&R 28mm Rear Swaybar, Eurosport X Brace, TT Shifter, 42DD shifter Bushings, exhaust restriction reduction, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, TT front control arms, spindles and brakes, 17" wheels w/ Potenza Summer Tires
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 14:59   #45
bgsnyder
Veteran Member

Yep, all OEM