Oil in N75 hoses

RobbyP

TDI
Corrado 1z swap
Replaced my N75 in my 1z and I blew the old valve out just to see if anything was stuck and oil came out. Would this come from something as simple as the PCV/CCV system or would it be the oil seals on the turbo?

Thanks

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
It could be both. Oil in the system is normal, will the cars our age.

Unsure if you've ever drained your intercooler, but disconnect the lower hose. A couple ounces is normal, but an excessive amount may point to larger issues.

-Todd

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Oil in the vac lines to the turbo is normal on an AHU/1Z. (they actually work on pressure, not vacuum)

Best thing to do is to blow them out periodically. When I tackled mine, I used a compressed air can (like used for cleaning computers) and was able to insert it into the WG actuator and got the oil out of it as well. Once the lines and actuator were cleared out, boost pressures were more stable as the ECU was able to move the WG more accurately.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
100% normal. dont clean with solvent, just soapy water and clean air. I made the mistake when i was a teen (20 years ago) that you never clean the inter cooler of a diesel with stuff like break clean or something flammable. the car rev'd up and acted like a a runaway for a few seconds. and that was 2 days of them sitting around before i put them back on.

RobbyP

TDI
Corrado 1z swap
It wasnt alot of oil in the N75 valves at all. Like no oil was dripping out. I only found out because I blew the old sensor with an air gun. As for the intercooler lines one blows off every two months and there was been oil drip from the pipe but never puked oil when the pipe blew off. If anyone is going to ask the previous owner kind of rigged up the IC pipe setup so it blows off from time to time. Its a corrado with a 1z that im slowly getting the bugs out of. Also the car isnt burning any oil.

Anyway, from what you guys said this isnt a big issue correct?

RobbyP

TDI
Corrado 1z swap
Also while this sort of pretains to the topic. Would a catch can setup help prevent this in the future?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yea its typical, and a catch can is great but you need one big enough to handle the 3/4 hose from he valve cover, some of us just dump it to the ground but others use a exhaust nozzle that uses the pressure to suck the CCV into the tail pipe and it does do a good job of burning up if its mounted close to the turbo. You can make or get a block-off plate for the lower breather hose and drill and tap in a fitting so you can run both hoses into one and then into a catch can or whatever your choice is for disposing the CCV gasses, i like putting them into the exhaust close to the turbo output because they smell really REALLY bad and a catch can will still put some vapor back into the intake but not nearly as much. between this and a EGR delete your intake and head will be clean and clear. Have you cleaned your EGR or intake yet? when you pull the head there is a mountain of crap caked up in the swirl part of the head. EGR and CCV is a nightmare of a mess, THANKS VW. here is a link to the exhaust injection nozzle.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/25900/10002/-1