Radiator outlet sizes.

Cobl

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi (Silver)
Are the radiator outlet flange sizes the same size in the BRM radiator and the CBEA or CJAA engines? The reason I ask is this is the 3rd time I’m replacing the upper radiator coupling on my BRM because it’s made of trash plastic and cracks or the little nipple breaks off. They sell a aluminum one for the upper radiator but it says it only fits CBEA or CJAA engines. From what I can tell the only difference is the angle of the little off shoot nipple, it’s at about 90 degrees where as the one I have is at about 45 degrees. Here’s a link https://www.ecstuning.com/b-eurowise-parts/cast-aluminum-radiator-coupler-upper/3c0122291~euw/

Does anyone know if this will fit? If not does anyone know a place I can send off a plastic coupler and they can machine a aluminum one for me? Thank you!

Cobl

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi (Silver)
Update: I ordered the part, I figured for $25 I’ll see if it fits, and if it doesn’t they have free returns.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
That is odd. I have not had to replace any of the plastic parts on my 2006 with 183K miles.

Cobl

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi (Silver)
260K miles with a majority of them being Pizza delivering miles where the car ran for 6-8 hours idling and driving through a shift. I’m glad to not have to deliver pizzas with my car anymore and went from driving 500-600 miles a week to less than 100 miles a week with my new job. I’m replacing that broken flange on the radiator along with the flange leaking coolant on the driver side of the engine that houses the coolant temp sensor. My cars been through the paces.

Cobl

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi (Silver)
Woo my parts shipped from ECS Tuning today. Hopefully I’ll have them by this weekend.