Are there any customer loyalty incentives for diesel buyback owners, on new vw's?

dzlpete

TDI
95 GLX B4V TDI conversion
Wondering if anyone knows about, or if VW is offering any kind of incentive to get TDI buyback folks to buy another VW, diesel or gas?
While I would love them to put a diesel in the Atlas, it seems only gas is available, and I have a family of 6.
I bought a '13 JSW TDI, and took the buyback. My wife and I bought a '16 Pilot, and hate the car, looking hard at alternatives, and the Atlas looks at least as good as anything we have seen in that size.
Thoughts?

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
as far as I know there are no incentives because the buyback and subsequent purchase of another car are dealing with two separate entities and are therefore two separate transactions

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Officially no special incentives from VW. However, every VW dealer is different. You could get a "repeat customer" (or whatever they might call it) discount if you negotiate well.

Have Fun!

Don

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Manufacturer incentive programs are sometimes fraught with catches. When we bought the '13 Passat we're driving now (which will be turned in for buyback Dec. '18), I got a certificate from Costco, ignored the dealer on the certificate, and instead waved it via e-mail under the nose of 6 dealers. Within a few days I had a dealer in St. Louis that bettered the Costco certificate on exactly the car we wanted, and the deal was closed, no muss, no fuss. What we ended up paying was quite comparable to the lowest prices anyone who posted to the relevant thread in this forum had paid. Easiest car buying experience I've ever had, and what I plan on using when the time comes to replace this Passat.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
Its actually rather amusing, VW has done absolutely nothing, to win over TDI owners

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
They are making me drive a loaner for months on end.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
VW does not have a customer loyalty mindset. They have demonstrated that time and time again.
Yes. After my buyback at the end of January, a salesperson left me his card and I called a few times into the Spring expressing my interest in a new Golf but received no response. I don't get it.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Yes. After my buyback at the end of January, a salesperson left me his card and I called a few times into the Spring expressing my interest in a new Golf but received no response. I don't get it.
My selling dealer - the 2013 JSW TDI 6M - after a change in sales managers, was uncooperative and would not budge from the asking price (just would not deal!!!)

In review I dealt with about 12 dealers within 50 miles of CA's capital.

On MY 2017 cars, some dealers were willing to at least DEAL.

A brand new 2017 1.4 turbo Jetta 5M was available in White.

It's in my garage.

$14337 OTD.

3rd fueling calc'd 41.3 in mostly City driving. Odometer at 1250. Break-in
miles hopefully will permit higher numbers.

Sure I miss my TDI 6M wagen......who wouldn't.

But I liked the buyback: $25, 850 - with the two cards + Bosch Settlement........

I've said this in prior posts: No complaints

ez sends

Last edited:

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
We bought an outback.

That being said, we're also probably buying a used 15 golf tdi with low miles for me to commute on. The warranty on them is good. I'm not sure I trust the 1.4t. I'd rather have a used Honda. More reliable.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
When we bought our current ride, in the summer of '13, I e-mailed six dealers, specifying the Passat we wanted. I heard back from one immediately (Suntrup VW in St. Louis), and had no trouble arriving at an acceptable deal right away. Of the other five dealers, I heard from one about two weeks after we'd taken delivery of the Passat, never heard a peep out of the others. I didn't get it, either, but since we got the car we wanted at a good price, I didn't spend much time thinking about it, either.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I asked about this when I got my stop-sale car and something the salesman (an actual person I trust) told me, that makes complete sense, is that in short, they can't. They could and would easily be seen as "pressuring" us to stay with the brand which would be a HUGE issue. I got a sweet deal on my car BUT it's the same deal anyone off the street could have received, on purpose. (5k off and $3800 leasing bonus or 5yr 0%)

Now that's not to say that a dealer couldn't finagle some special concessions outside of the purchase but I got the strong sense that VW would like to get out of the cross hairs as soon as possible.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
VWoA was offering current owners $1000 off new purchase almost all year long, they just keep extending the offer. When we bought our Alltrack our local dealer saw we were current TDI owners and offered $1500 off on top of that.

From what I've heard, the lots with a fair amount of '17 Alltracks are willing to chop quite a bit off to move them off the lots, but non of these deals are any better if you owned a TDI vs an Accord.