www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old May 6th, 2016, 05:08   #16
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44-49 mpg

One more
nokivasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2016, 06:37   #17
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Continued my spring cleaning, now the car is done from front to back

Old July 26th, 2016, 10:47   #18
nokivasara
Veteran Member

I noticed that I hadn't put up any pictures of the light bar.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=450841

I think I will take the front bumper off and mount the light bar a bit higher. We'll see.
Old February 11th, 2017, 10:22   #19
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Broke a spring earlier this week so I placed an order on Sachs SuperTouring struts, mounts and springs.
I think they will arrive on monday so I started to remove the old stuff today, I hope I don't get the wrong parts
I decided to test if the strut could be taken off without removing the axle and ball joint and it was possible indeed.
I placed a floor jack and a pipe underneath the spring pearch and lifted it a little bit, this way the strut did not move downward when I hit the spindle with a mallet.
Worked pretty well but I think it's easier to at least undo the ball joint from the LCA. But I had to try it
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:10   #20
nokivasara
Veteran Member

I tried another trick on the LH strut, the same pipe/jack set up under the spring pearch as on the other side but instead of the mallet I used another pipe and a block of wood to push down the spindle.
Worked very well, took 2 tries to get the strut off! The pinch bolt and drop link are the only things I removed.
We'll see how I go about getting the new struts in, I don't expekt to be able to just slide them in...
Old February 12th, 2017, 16:51   #21
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

nice looking car! can't wait to see it with a bit of lowering.

detailing looks sharp
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:55   #22
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Lower? If anything a little higher would be better than lower on our roads

Installed it all today, the hardest part was getting the dust boot to stay on, ended putting a tie strap on it
I did not undo the ball joint, didn't remove anything other than the bolts on the strut. And the drop link of course.

Ride height is maybe a little bit higher than before, not much but probably as could be expected with new vs old springs.
Old February 13th, 2017, 17:27   #23
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

Lol when you said Sachs super touring I imagined a 45mm drop and I liked it! Haha. But that's alright, cars need to be driveable on YOUR roads.
Old February 18th, 2017, 05:07   #24
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Super Touring does sound like a lower than stock setup but it is only the shocks that are named ST.
Today I replaced the stock RCD300 with a chinese RNS510 clone, it does "feel" better than expected, it'll be interesting to see how it works in the weeks to come.
It was a very easy installation, plug and play. It boots very quickly and the sound is much better than the stock HU.
I removed the carbon fibre vinyl wrap from the trim pieces whilst I had the off the car. Stock look is nicer, especially with the new stereo
Old July 5th, 2017, 12:22   #25
nokivasara
Veteran Member

So, the pictures got deleted due to Photobuckets new rules, I've deleted my account there. I'll probably fix at least some of them at some point.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 10:35   #26
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Testing testing, uploaded on tdiclub photo page...