• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

2001 Golf Parts Car

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Our 2001 Golf got t-boned and will, most likely, be totaled. We’re still waiting for the insurance adjuster to show up so I’m putting this out as a feeler to see if there’s any interest or offers. We’re considering buying it back and selling it as a parts car. I’m not interested in parting it out myself, so it will go whole. The car has been my wife’s daily driver for 18 trouble free years. Maintenance has been done by Oliver Wegener (TDIRacing on these forums). Particulars follow:

2001 Golf GL 2 door, crank windows, no sunroof. 117,500 miles.

The car drives fine, but you have to really slam the door shut to stop the chime and lay into it with your shoulder to get it open. The window rolls up and down.

VIN – 9BWBP21J414040959

ALH w/RocketChip 1S tune and Buzz-Ken turbo back exhaust with high flow metallic cat, DieselGeek Panzer Plate.

01M transmission, fluid and filter changed at 60K miles and most recently at 116,600. Shifts like new.

Timing belt done at 106K, New VW battery 10/17 at 113K miles.

Avus wheels with new Conti Pure Contact tires at 111,400 miles. The right front wheel was damaged in the accident when she got spun around and it hit the curb.

Single disc CD player in dash.

Bilstein TC Sport shocks.

I also have a new engine air filter, a few oil and fuel filters, a couple of cabin air filters and most of a case of Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 oil. I have a replacement driver’s side rear view mirror that I was going to change out as the adjusting mechanism on the old one stopped working, a 6 Disc CD Changer, four steel wheels, a pair of glass headlight lenses and some other Items that don’t come to mind right now, so I’ll post a full inventory later when I have checked in the garage. These spares can go with the car, or I will sell them separately.

Last edited:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I hope your wife is ok....
Sorry about the accident, car looks nice though.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I am interested in it. Really just need the title and the shell, to be honest. But let us know what you decide. Maybe we can work something out, like I can part it out for you and keep whatever is left. Like I said, really just need a clear title and the dash VIN tag more than anything.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I am interested in it. Really just need the title and the shell, to be honest. But let us know what you decide. Maybe we can work something out, like I can part it out for you and keep whatever is left. Like I said, really just need a clear title and the dash VIN tag more than anything.
Hey, Brian, we have owned it since new and have a clear title. I'll let you know as soon as we hear from the insurance company.

oilhammer

TDI
Great, thanks! Hopefully they do not hose you too bad. I got rear ended a couple years ago in one of my Golfs... it was fixable, and I did, but they of course gave me $1200 for the car. That is always the risk you take driving something like these. At least your wife is OK.

(BTW, you shoulda seen the front end of the Lexus RX that hit me, LOL... yeah, that Euro trailer hitch did that broad no favors...).

Nickmk7

TDI
Mk7.5 GTI SE DSG 2002 Jetta TDI GLS M/T
Shame you won't be parting it out, I would be interested in the plate and exhaust. If anything changes I'll be in the market.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Great, thanks! Hopefully they do not hose you too bad. I got rear ended a couple years ago in one of my Golfs... it was fixable, and I did, but they of course gave me $1200 for the car. That is always the risk you take driving something like these. At least your wife is OK.
(BTW, you shoulda seen the front end of the Lexus RX that hit me, LOL... yeah, that Euro trailer hitch did that broad no favors...).
I just got a call from the insurance company and have an appointment with an adjuster on Monday. I'm going armed with all of my recent invoices. Fingers crossed...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Shame you won't be parting it out, I would be interested in the plate and exhaust. If anything changes I'll be in the market.
Roger that. If Brian takes the car, you can deal with him about parts.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Best advice I was ever given was by someone in the Insurance business.
1) The first offer is the lowest number they think you will take, there is always more to be collected.

2) They believe time is a significant influencer in people accepting (low) offers, they think you can't wait a week, much less a month or more and they DO NOT like to keep open claims on their books. The longer it takes the settle the more time for "delayed injuries" to appear.

3) They can debate the value all they want, but you did not ask their policy holder to hit your car.

The less desperate you are the more control you will have.

I'd also suggest finding a few of those listings of the TDI Golfs that sold for >$5k, I'm sure I've seen some.

Good luck and glad to hear no one was seriously injured.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Thanks, Rex. It's not for no reason that insurance companies have the biggest buildings. We're not at all desperate and actually have a deposit on a '15 Golf SE TDI with a DSG. Found one here in town and went over today and did a VCDS scan. Everything checked out great. It's even Tornado Red like the '01, so the Mrs. is happy.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I'm interested. How much are you looking to get for it?
Hey, Samurai, Oilhammer has first dibs as he responded first. I've got an appointment with the insurance company's adjuster on Monday morning. How much depends on what they offer us and what the buy-back cost is. Stay tuned...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Went to the body shop this AM and got the word from the estimator that the car is, in fact, totaled. Oilhammer will be taking it away but I still have the parts that I mentioned in the first post. I'll be listing them once I do a full inventory later today or tomorrow.

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Yes, but you would have to get a hardware kit from DieselGeek. Where are you located?
I'm located in the DC area. I actually purchased a brand new Evolution skid plate already before I saw this post lol, but if I can get a good enough deal on this to offset costs I might return it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
PM Sent. Taking the Mrs. out for dinner so I'll check in tomorrow AM.

I'm located in the DC area. I actually purchased a brand new Evolution skid plate already before I saw this post lol, but if I can get a good enough deal on this to offset costs I might return it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Update. We got $4K from the insurance company and we keep the car!!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Nice! That's a fair deal I think. My 2010 JSW was *almost* totaled. Progressive (other person's insurance) wanted to give me $3900, total the car, but I keep. Farmer's (mine) gave me $5500 and let me keep the title. So negotiation is always key (and I have an independent appraiser I use if the insurance company wants to low ball me).

Related to this post - if the Panzer plate is still up for grabs, I would be interested, particularly if it ended up at Brian's in St. Louis (closer than the east coast).

Correction - I'm guessing the new link means the Panzer is no longer available?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
The Panzer Plate was initially going with the car to St. Louis, but someone local wanted it so, yes, it is NLA.

Thanks for looking!

...Related to this post - if the Panzer plate is still up for grabs, I would be interested, particularly if it ended up at Brian's in St. Louis (closer than the east coast).

Correction - I'm guessing the new link means the Panzer is no longer available?

oilhammer

TDI
And sad to say, there is no realistic way to fix this one. It kinked the body in a pretty bad way. I know a professional body guy (or gal) could pull it and get it straight again, but it would still involve a lot of panel replacement and whatnot. I hate to lose another one, but it looks like this will be an organ donor.

Lots of good parts though. Shame, only 118k miles, too. :(

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Buzz Ken Exhaust

The car is presently in St. Louis if you're still interested...

I'd be interested in the Buzzken turbo back. Is that going with the shell it might be better shipping for me than from the east coast

oilhammer

TDI
Draining the last of its fuel out:

Engine/trans out:

It will live on, all going into a silver New Beetle that needs an engine at 260k (not sure what exactly happened, but it "broke" something inside), and its original 01M was already barely hanging on, so....

Wheels and tires off the Golf went on a 2003 Jetta wagon that had a bad need of tires and had mismatched wheels, one of which was badly bent anyway.

I'll be taking the interior out hopefully next weekend. Sorry to see this one go, I feel every one we lose is one less forever... but I cannot save them all. At least its pieces are going to prolong many other cars' roadworthiness.