Possible HPFP failure

Cr2013

TDI
2010 Jetta 2012 Q7
Hey all,
my wife has a 2010 jetta tdi that has just recently had the emissions "fix" installed. We have already used the warranty once since the fix and didnt have to pay a dime after the dpf was replaced.
After she got off work one day her car actually lost prime while sitting for 12 hours. We got it started again and it has been running ok since then other than it idling a little rough a couple days later on me after start up. I changed the fuel filter after it wouldnt start for her that on night and found maybe 10-20 microscopic metal shavings in the filter housing and i also have a bit of a "tick" coming from the pump itself so im sure its at early stages.
Im curious if anyone has had a cp4 failure since the fix and if they cover everything on that. the catcher on with this car is it has not had the misfuel guard installed. With that being said, i couldnt find anywhere that said they wouldnt cover it without that under the emissions warranty but I have gone through the warranty book and it doesnt say anything about needing to have the misfuel guard installed to cover it.
thanks

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Member Alaskax is going through this right now and he is in northern IL too. You should look him up.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd get a misfuel guard installed asap. I'm surprised they didn't do that when the fix was applied.