Soooo, is this the end?

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
....of our beloved tdiclub.com forum? After lurking for sometime, I became a member of this super helpful/informative forum in 2002 and purchased my first TDi in March of '03.

With a short break, we've always owned a TDi (or two) until a couple weeks ago. Lilred III was returned back to them VeeDub folks. :mad:

Now, we are enjoying an E250 BT as well as a 328d. Yep, still loving them oilburners :D

While there are a few BMW and MB forums that cater to diesel owners (as well), nothing could compare to the level of support we've received here (for us TDi owners). :)

So, can we request Fred and the other honorable moderators to continue the tradition and allow us diesel owners (just not the VeeDub brand) to "openly" discuss our beloved new toys? :eek:

Thanks for all these years of support/friendship!! :cool:

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
there are many forums where long-time members no longer own the cars that the forum is intended for.

in the mid 2000's a lot of the people on honda-tech grew out of their civics and moved into luxury SUVs and BMW/Audi/Mercedes brand cars. a disproportionate number of people went to the Ford Focus ST, and after that into the Mustang Boss or GT350. To this day they are still on honda-tech.

now I'm seeing a lot of these same people getting back into the Honda brand, either restoring their old rides or getting into new Hondas.

there is no reason you NEED to leave the forum just because you've moved on.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Make TDIClub great again?

When rejoined back in 2002, TDIClub was MUCH smaller in membership and activity, but, FULL of incredibly useful information. As membership has grown I don't think the amount of QUALITY content has increased accordingly.

TDIClub will always be special, but, it may look more like the TDIClub I joined 15 years ago. I wouldn't say one is better or worse, just different.

I *do* think that TDIClub will become increasingly important as these TDIs become an extinct species. Those who buy TDIs will be more and more "in-the-know" types who bought a diesel because of the real benefits.

I *wish* I could find a group of similar minded people in Mercedes diesel world.