www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old August 15th, 2017, 10:21   #6526
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

I did that on mine (now Abacus') wagon - smoothed out the idle vibrations some, as the mount system in these cars is primitive.

Injectors, a tune, and a whole lot of weight couldn't make the LUK 17-050 slip. I was quite happy with that clutch.

There is a little trimming needed for the dust shield around the rear main to prevent the flywheel from locking up - ask me how I know.

Ask Abacus - he has owns and has driven examples with and without DMF - he would be a good resource.

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:30   #6527
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

It's an inexpensive clutch and claimed to have a light pedal feel. The driver of this B4 needed that so we opted to give it a try. Don't regret it one iota. This B4 has 520's onlY because the cost was the same as stock to get everything fitting and purchased, but it is the driven hard and and should last a long while. Here is a link to idparts' listing:
http://www.idparts.com/luk-17-050-clutch-kit-p-740.html
Old August 16th, 2017, 05:59   #6528
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Corpus View Post
It's an inexpensive clutch and claimed to have a light pedal feel. The driver of this B4 needed that so we opted to give it a try. Don't regret it one iota. This B4 has 520's onlY because the cost was the same as stock to get everything fitting and purchased, but it is the driven hard and and should last a long while. Here is a link to idparts' listing:
http://www.idparts.com/luk-17-050-clutch-kit-p-740.html
For that price, I don't know that I would have been able to pass that up. That's cheap.