www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old February 20th, 2017, 13:57   #31
TheRachermobile

No I had absolutely no problems starting before I brought my car to them
TheRachermobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 14:02   #32
BobnOH
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRachermobile View Post
Shop said they found a valve at the fuel filter allowing air in the system, they replaced the filter and sealing ring at valve. Apparently the car starts and runs fine now. I have not been out to it yet, I will see when I get done at work. Is this common enough to feel confident this was the starting issue? Or should I be ever concerned and still make the drive to have the timing checked?
You just never know.
There is a valve of sorts there, a thermostatic tee, seals with a double oring. The rings can leak and occasionally the tee can crack.
Hopefully it runs great now. If not I'd be concerned they got the basic timing FUBAR.
BobnOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 15:48   #33
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnOH View Post
The rings can leak and occasionally the tee can crack.
...and it will have been disturbed while unhooking or moving the fuel lines to change the timing belt, so it's a *possible* explanation for sure.

Note: The above is to the best of my knowledge- but at the end of the day simply interweb opinion, worth EXACTLY what you paid for it, and if used done so at your own risk.
Vince Waldon is offline   Reply With Quote