engine swap

Mike's9JX

TDI
passat tdi
Hi , need some help here please, I am taken a engine and gearbox out of my vw passat tdi to fit into my vw t4 now the problem I have is the wiring !! I've kept all the wiring on the engine but I need to know which wires I need for the ecu to work before I start cutting away and pulling apart the car !! I have the clocks the key and the ecu is plug and play

Zed.

TDI
'89 B3 T'die Passat wagon. '95 T4 van (1Z T'die converted). '87 mk2 Golf AHU tdi converted /02a etc. '92 & '95 200tdi Landrover Discovery
Hi , need some help here please, I am taken a engine and gearbox out of my vw passat tdi to fit into my vw t4 now the problem I have is the wiring !! I've kept all the wiring on the engine but I need to know which wires I need for the ecu to work before I start cutting away and pulling apart the car !! I have the clocks the key and the ecu is plug and play

What donor Passat have you got?

If B4tdi Passat (‘93-‘96 in UK) then it’s an easy conversion - I’ve converted my ‘95 t4 with one :cool:

If it’s a b5 passat (‘96-‘99) with the inline engine then it’s a case of cut&splice;)

Rich.