boost keeps climbing

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
I thought i'd post it here too.

So last night on my way home running veggy cruising along, i see another golf pull up behind me real quick so i pull into the next lane and let him pass, then i notice it's another TDI.

WELL i wasn't going to let that happen ;)

so we had some fun until it finally cleared up so we both punch it. I'm sure his car was not stock either as it pulled pretty damn hard, even though i could real him in quickly.

But i noticed that my boost would peak at about 24 then settle down to 22 but then would start to rise again all the way to 28-30.

and on the last go at it with the other TDI, as i'm just about to go by him i went into limp mode at about 180kph. DAMN!!

So i pulled in behind him and we both cruised at about 140 till he took an off ramp.

So what could be making my boost to continue rising, Could it be to much vacuum in the N75 line coming from the airbox?

my VNT17 is only about a year old so i doubt if it's the actuator and i have a boost valve.

any thoughts.

is there specific vag-com logs i can do to help figure this out.

thanks

likmywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
95 Passat Wagon
Not sure exactly what engine/set up you have but I was having the same issues on a 98 TDI (AH I think) engine. With my car when the hood is open and the engine running you should hear a rapid ticking noise, it might be the N75 I'm not sure but it has three cloth covered pnuematic lines red, blue and black. If you don't hear that ticking the valve is seized and is not able to regulate the waste gate thus pegging it closed and causing the ECU to go to limp home after about 10 sec of full on thrust.
Replaced mine and problem solved. As it happens the same valve is used on the G60 engine I think which is where I got mine from.

Good luck

Alex

likmywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
95 Passat Wagon
I didn't see that you're in the Ottawa area. If you don't hear the clicking and all of you lines are ok I got my replacement from Rune at Auto Allmange in Aylmer for about $20 I think.