Tdi racing p520 injectors- input?

bigdog0u81

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf
I picked up a set of new tdi racing p520 injectors yesterday for cheap I was wondering if anyone has used these before and what are they worth? Probably not using them for my set up. Ihave a alh with a vnt17,11mm pump, vr6/g60 clutch flywheelsetup, egr deleted. Was looking at a malone stage 3 or 4 and doing 764's and a 3 bar.

DI fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Before you purchase the new nozzles you need to ask yourself what are HP goals?? Then talk to your tuner to see what they recommend would be the best nozzles for the tune and the rest of your hardware.

After talking to my tuner I'm on the fence as far as going with 1019's or 764's when I upgrade my turbo and tune.

Remember, higher power levels can warrant installing a bigger exhaust but there members that have run with stock exhaust up a certain point with no issues.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
No knowledge on no-name nozzles, but for your setup you'll need a better clutch.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
PP764s all day long if upgrading the turbo. PP520s and 1019s are good with an 11mm pump but with a 10mm they can leave a little on the table and durations get longer than optimal (more heat). 1019 is a nice happy medium for stock + vnt17 but when 764s are the same price you might as well opt for those.

That clutch is going to have a hard time with your fueling and a VNT17. It can always be dialed back, but that's a temporary fix.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
TDIracing is an old time member here. Have not seen him mentioned for several years. Is he still in business? He had a very good reputation as I remember. So doubt your nozzles are junk. But it will be an issue to find someone to set them up for you.

bigdog0u81

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf
I went to purchase a thule roof rack from a old gentleman and he had a set of new glow plugs and these injectors they are new. He was selling them for dirt cheap so I couldnt pass. The glow plugs he gave to me. I have a saches vr6 with a g60 smf and thats not good enough for the setup I have?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Yeah it's gonna be Tough not knowing who made these . Could be tdi racing, could be bosio race520's, could be eBay "tdi" "racing" "p520" nozzles.

Show us pictures , maybe we can tell. Even then markings aren't always conclusive .

Still going to be a crapshoot without any real knowledge of where that old man bought these.

The vr6/g60 saches setup isnt good enough?
You could have slightly larger nozzles or true race520s that will throw way too much fuel at your vnt17. Put them in and see how they smoke, Good luck.....

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
tdiracing the forum user name should not be confused with the "nozzles" going by that name

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Saw the picture . There's a couple threads on those nozzles. Not the best choice, up to you if you want to swap them out yourself. They are just a cheap Chinese $100 eBay type .205 nozzle. I'd just go Bosio PP764s or Race520s are easy enough to get.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
Can our nozzles be "swapped out" as many have been saying? Is it absolutely necessary for them to be pop tested and calibrated? I have cleaned/rebuilt, and changed nozzles on my old mercedes with no issues, but didnt know if TDI's were more picky? I would like to "swap out" my nozzles but dont like the price of the calibration on top of the nozzle price.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
thats kind of the problem... nobody really knows who made them.

cheap nozzles can also start to stream fuel into the engine leading to various melty brokey pieces in your rotating assembly.

millennium falcon: yes you can swap them yourself, that is how the OG's of TDI modding did it. but the larger you go, the wider margin for error.

the price of mounting and calibration is worth the expense for piece of mind alone IMHO. the only way to get nozzles done right for less than DBW does it is to get them from europe. (Frans)

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Going this route myself. Just got my auto>manual swap back. Got a set of nozzles reputed to be Italian .215's. Picked up a set of injectors for cheap.
Dropped them in to a local injector shop to have them tested and springs calibrated. If all goes well I should have ~ $250 all up in them. Less than
a set of the name brand nozzles.

I'll put the injectors in and head over to Jeff of RC and get him to see what we can do with Stage 2. Interestingly I had to hammer mod the IP after the swap to get the IQ up to a reasonable level of 4.2. I suspect the change in the
ECU from auto to manual changes the map.

If the nozzles work as purported I'll be good to go, and probably eyeing off
one of Frans' rebuilt VNT17's in the VNT15 housing for circa $600.
The SMF Valeo clutch I got with my swap kit is pretty good, though I'm sure if everything works as hoped, I'll be needing a heavier clutch down the track.

Modding on the cheap? Yes. But with luck, and some care and caution, it'll be a lot of performance for less than what most shell out for similar levels.

Fingers crossed that the nozzles are good, for $80 I figgered it was worth a throw of the dice.

Cheers,
R*2

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
I'm still here guys. These are cheap Chinese nozzles and have nothing to do with me other than a guy few years back was trying to use my name for his shady business... lol.

These are junk and you should save yourself the hassle
And just get some real Bosio nozzles. That $20 could cost you an engine. Been here a long time and seen it all.