Tps >

gtrosema

TDI
2002 Jetta
Yesterday I left for work and car took off fine then lost power. Still running but no boost. Ran codes and had boost code, drove the next day before running codes and ran fine. After reading codes and clearing I was looking into things and noticed that my TPS did not change. But somehow engine reved up and had power.

Confused.

Going to check at TPS in morning but thought I would see if anyone else had similar issues

gtrosema

TDI
2002 Jetta
I thought the gas pedal had a potentiometer on it. That is where I am getting the TPS in my head. The VAG showed 1.65 can't recall if it was volts or %. I was in the 060 measuring block, and in the 002 and 003 if my memory is correct. But both places it did not climb.
Sorry 05 Passat.
Anyway I was kind of thinking the waste gate had hung open,
the rpms climbed but no power to get out of its own way. 225k might be time to look into rebuilding turbo.
Thanks for your thoughts

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
That is only roughly 4500 hours. Nothing for a turbo. Should easily do 10000.

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
No waste hate to hang open. Most likely you are seeing turbo limp mode as described by QuickTD. And whatever you call it, the skinny pedal on the right has to talk to the ECU so it has a position sensor.

gtrosema

TDI
2002 Jetta
By waste gate I meant the vanes stuck open. Changed oil this weekend and hasn't happened since the first time. Think I have put over 500 miles on it since then. Hopefully just a one time deal? Ordering vacuum hoses and going to change some that look like they need to be replaced.
thanks the insight.