Tandem Pump Oil Leak??

CarlosVW

TDI
05 VW Passat 2.0L TDI /BHW engine code/ BSM deleted/ Malone Stage 2 Custom/ Stage 2 Colt Cam/ BV43A turbo upgrade/ Bosio 1043 Injector Nozzles
Hello,
I have been fighting an oil leak for about 1 1/2 year now (maybe longer) on the back/passenger side of engine. I have taken the valve cover off and replaced just the gasket (I know VW wants to sell you the whole valve cove and all, I understand that they tend to crack) and have had it off lots since and put silicone on the corners were the cam bearings are. Now I am dreading the tandem pump gasket or somewhere in that location, is this a common problem? Is this a difficult task and such?

barrel roll

TDI
2010 A3 Sportback
Common problem, usually kills the coolant flange underneath it as well (notice your coolant getting low frequently?). Fairly easy job.

CarlosVW

TDI
05 VW Passat 2.0L TDI /BHW engine code/ BSM deleted/ Malone Stage 2 Custom/ Stage 2 Colt Cam/ BV43A turbo upgrade/ Bosio 1043 Injector Nozzles
No I have not noticed the coolant level going down. Maybe my valve cover is bad.......?

Iflyasa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I have the same problem. I had the cam replaced. Ever since their is oil leaking around the tandem pump. I have replaced be valve cover gasket with 2 new ones and have used a gasket seal all the way around. This has not stopped it. It's getting worse now. I suspect the tandem pump gasket. Is there a need to take the cover back off to do this? Anything tricky to replace the pump gasket?