Where can I find bio-diesel in TX?

RattlenHum

Veteran Member
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I can't find any place that sells bio-diesel, especially here in Texas. [I know, i know, energy efficiency/alternative energy and Texas don't get along down here very well].

Thanks,
Andrew T.

'01 NB TDI

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
i think Tom Thumb or Albertson's carries it in the organic foods section; but priced by the litre or quart, canola and soybean oils can get purty danged expensive.

Texas will probably be the last state in the Union to retail bio-diesel. and it will only be
in Austin.

FLASH Edit! a colleague just showed me a blurb from the state comptroller's office about taxes on biodiesel and mixes with diesel, gasoline(?), alcohol(?) and water(?????).
The point being, try contacting the comptroller's office for a lead on dealers in the state.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: gardentender ]</p>

RattlenHum

Veteran Member
gardentender,

Here is a link to Millenium Fuels. It appears they are supposed to put a bio-diesel fuel plant in the D/FW area. Check the articles dated 4/2001.

http://www.millenniumfuels.com/news/index.html

I looked at Koch's website, and there is a distributor of Koch's Soy Gold 50 in Gainesville. However, they aren't a retailer, plus Gainesville would be quite a way to go for a fill up. I am going to give them a call and see if they can tell me to what outlets they deliver.

I'm bound determined to find this fuel. I'll keep researching and let you know what I find.

It really p*sses me off that, for one, I *want* alternative energy sources but can't find them, and two, I am willing to pay a higher price. I'm tired of the devil's tea. [Sorry, just had to rant].

Andrew

'01 NB TDI